Can't change the master password using iOS app

danialzo
danialzo
Community Member

I changed my password on my 1Password MAC app and shortly forgot it! I followed the steps to use the iOS app in order to change the master password by using the touch id.

I can log into the iOS app using the old password/touch id and navigate to Settings -> 1Password Accounts > select account (only one account) -> change password. Then I enter my old password followed by new password & verify password on the next screen. After the loading indicator saying "Changing your account password" I get this error message:

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I changed my password on my 1Password MAC app and shortly forgot it! I followed the steps to use the iOS app in order to change the master password by using the touch id. I can log into the iOS app using the old password/touch id and navigate to Settings -> 1Password Accounts > select account (only one account) -> change password. Then I enter my old password followed by new password & verify password on the next screen. After the loading indicator saying "Changing your account password" I get this error message:

@danialzo: Here's the million (beelion?) dollar question: Are you able to login to 1Password.com with the "new" Master Password? I wonder if you've setup 1Password on one (or more) of your devices with a different Master Password, perhaps with a local vault and/or no 1Password Account.

After you (hopefully) login to 1Password.com successfully, can you verify that all of your 1Password data is stored there? If so, you can simply start over and setup the app with your 1Password Account, and you'll have all of your data and the same Master Password. Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• danialzo
    danialzo
    Community Member

Miracle happened! I recalled my new password. All is good now :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well now. Be sure to save your Emergency Kit in a secure place in case you ever need it again. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.