Category is Gray after saving to Drafts.

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Lounge

I saved the Discussion to Drafts and when I returned, cannot post the Discussion and will have to abort and redo the message before posting.

The Discussion is still in Drafts. I haven't deleted it yet.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem

Thanks for letting us know about this bug, I was able to reproduce it myself! We'll take a look into this :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Pilar.

Problem appears solved, although I haven't tried posting the message.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem

That would be great news! Please let us know if it does work well for you :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Pilar

It's still broken when I have saved the message with a Category as opposed to my initial screenshot which doesn't show a Category.

The second time, the message category can't be changed after it has been set to (Lounge, iOS, Windows etc) and it still shows Select a category....but the difference is one category in the drop down menu vs all categories grayed out.

This problem is only displayed with new discussions only.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@Pilar,

I checked Drafts and it is back to all Categories being unselected again.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem

Thanks for the update :chuffed: We'll check this and see how we can fix it. I can't tell you when we'll have it sorted out but we'll take care of it!

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi guys,

I was able to reproduce the bug and I'll file a bug report with Vanilla's team to see if they can fix it for us.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I will leave the example in Drafts and check back periodically. I am not in a hurry to post the discussion.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks. :)

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

The issue is still there. I have not figured out how to do screen capture with a pop down menu. Any key will cause the pop down or up menu to vanish.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: The take-a-screenshot site has a few different methods listed — some of which I'd either never known or had forgotten long ago. Does that help?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

@brenty,

I'll have another go at it. Thanks for the link! I have now noticed while starting a new discussion that the Category is now missing and when I attempt to change Category later, it's grayed out.

Now compare the current screenshots to the original post screenshot. I previously didn't know how to screen capture a popdown menu but initially, the Select a category listed all of the Category names.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Since no one from Agilebits has replied, I've gone back to Drafts and discovered that Select a category has now gone from one topic to the full list of topics. I would not want to litter the Discussion Forum with my assumptions! Are things working now?

Some strange things are happening with the Drafts !

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah drafts have some inconsistencies. Thanks for reporting this. We can bring it up with the forum software vendor.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

It's the new discussions that are the issue. Added comments work. The way things work now, If the topic is posted immediately, it will work but not if you save it for later posting. Which really partially defeats the purpose of Drafts.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Agreed. I'm glad that the drafts aren't being lost though. Hopefully this can be fixed, but in the mean time I'm glad starting a new discussion with the original saved text works for you.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

As advised by @Ben, I have submitted and have received an email support ticket: [#FRF-98143-898]

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Oh. You must mean here. I see we've received your email, so we'll look into it further and get back to you. Cheers! :)

ref: FRF-98143-898

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

@brenty,

Thanks. I suppose that I've been posting all over and not keeping the discussion to one central thread. :) The point still stands that Drafts is still broken to a degree and has been for months.

• Ben
    Options

Yep. :) As Brenty mentioned we'll bring it up with the software vendor.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Thanks. Laura Rooke has replied. I have also mentioned to her about editing the comments and the forum software flagging legitimate posts as spam after posting.

I will probably see it after I post this message if I do any corrections to the initial comments.

• Ben
    Options

Hey @wkleem --

I just saw your email as well. I think perhaps you misinterpreted my message in the other thread. When I said you should email us if you were having trouble with the forum software I meant if you were having a 1Password issue and couldn't get ahold of us here due to an issue with the forum software you could email us. Not that you should email us about potential bugs in the forum software (which we don't write) that you've already reported to us. :)

If you've already mentioned an issue to us please avoid writing about it in multiple places or via multiple communications channels. Doing so just slows down the support process for everyone.

Sorry for any misunderstanding!

Thanks!

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for any confusion.

• Ben
    Options

No worries -- I should've been more clear. :) In any event, hopefully Vanilla can address both of the issues you've run into with the forum software in a future update.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben,

I will respond to the email with regard to the relevant discussion.

• Ben
    Options

@wkleem,

No need. We've got the details now. :)

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Terrific, Ben.

• Ben