My synced data on DropBox is not being not being applied to both of my computers

Options
daveu
daveu
Community Member

For example, months ago I added the three digit code on the back of a credit card on my 1Password at home so I wouldn't have to carry that card with me. Then I needed to pay for something while at work, and my work computer — which has 1Password syncing to the same DropBox file — didn't show the three-digit number and I couldn't complete my transaction. I was upset, thinking that I forgot to put in that 3 digit number in1Password at home way back when I meant to. But then I got home... and I had put it in, it just never synced properly. And both computers sync always, all the time, same DropBox. How is this possible? Now I'm worried about how many discrepancies there must be between my work and home computers... much less my phone!

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sierra
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:synced data on dropbox not applying to different computers

Comments

• Bluesville2010
    Bluesville2010
    Community Member
    Options

Just posted pretty much the same question...
    I think mine has been doing this for a while though, this is just the first chance I've gotten round to sorting it.

Hopefully we get a solution before we save much more.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @daveu and @Bluesville2010

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password and syncing via Dropbox. I've just answered to @Bluesville2010 in the other thread, but as this one has some more details, let's continue the conversation on this one :chuffed:

Could you both please go through this troubleshooting guide? It will help us have a pretty good picture of what's going on so we'll be able to help you get this sorted out.

Please let us know what you find out so we can get to the bottom of this :chuffed:

• Bluesville2010
    Bluesville2010
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me.

Hilarious! This has been off for a significant amount of time, but as soon as I report it, it almost fixes itself. Both my mac and my iMac are showing the same number now (203 items), but my iPhone was still showing a reduced number (116 items). I checked my 1Password settings on my iPhone and somehow my primary vault had changed from Dropbox to WLAN. I swapped it back to Dropbox and voila, it works.

Maybe it was an update that changed it?...
    It's fixed now anyhow.

Hope you sort yours @daveu

Thanks again

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hilarious! This has been off for a significant amount of time, but as soon as I report it, it almost fixes itself.

@Bluesville2010: I don't find that funny! That's got to be maddening... :angry:

Both my mac and my iMac are showing the same number now (203 items), but my iPhone was still showing a reduced number (116 items). I checked my 1Password settings on my iPhone and somehow my primary vault had changed from Dropbox to WLAN. I swapped it back to Dropbox and voila, it works. Maybe it was an update that changed it?... It's fixed now anyhow.

I'm really glad to hear that it's working now. Just to be clear, are you able to verify that you're not missing any items? I just want to be sure. There is a known issue specifically with the item counts on iOS not updating, and we're working on a fix. So it sounds like something with the sync itself was just hung up for some reason. Be sure to let us know if you encounter any other issues. We're here for you! :sunglasses:

• Bluesville2010
    Bluesville2010
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, they're all accounted for on each device. All is good. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Have a great weekend! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.