Need help with this scenario

Options
tastyroadkill
tastyroadkill
Community Member

Hello everyone. I'm trying to think through a scenario and could use some help.

I'm currently using 1Password for Families. I'm managing my mother-in-law's finances, which involves logging into her many different accounts on a regular basis. I usually keep a separate browser open (chrome) for just her accounts. I would like to add her to my family list in 1Password to make it easier to log into her accounts, but don't think it will work smoothly if I am logged into my account. The only efficient option I can think of is to add her individual accounts to my 1Password vault, but I had really wanted to keep our accounts separate.

So all that said, can anyone think of an efficient way that I can use 1Password to easily log into her accounts while I am logged into 1Password under my account? I'm guessing that setting her up under my account with her own vault won't help because her accounts will still be featured under my account, right? Sorry if this sounds convoluted.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tastyroadkill - That's an interesting scenario. Does your mother-in-law use her accounts too, or are you exclusively handling al of her online accounts? If she's using them too, I'd recommend adding her as a family member to your existing account. You could add her accounts to her Personal vault then. For the login items you you both need access too, you could create a shared vault where only you and her have access. That way, her accounts would be separate from yours, but they'd still be easily accessible for both of you.

Would that help?

• tastyroadkill
    tastyroadkill
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply @Roman - She will not be accessing her accounts; I will be exclusively handling them. I'm leaning toward creating a vault for her under my account so that I don't have to log out of my account, log into hers to conduct business for her, and then log out of her account and log back into mine (whew!). The only downside to giving her a vault in my account is that her vault will mix with mine. We have some of the same bank accounts so there will be an extra step of selecting her account every time I try to 'hot key' an auto-fill on the website.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tastyroadkill - Creating a separate vault on your account is a good idea then.

The only downside to giving her a vault in my account is that her vault will mix with mine. We have some of the same bank accounts so there will be an extra step of selecting her account every time I try to 'hot key' an auto-fill on the website

That's true, and I don't have a workaround for that. If you have two accounts for the same website/bank account, a decision which login to use needs to be made, right? Please remember, though, that after invoking the shortcut you can cursor-up/down and press enter to choose the right account. I hope this helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.