Syncing additional vault to another Mac via Dropbox

Options

Comments

• Andrew_M
    Andrew_M
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Agile people! Thanks in advance for a great product. Several weeks ago I switched 5 Dropbox vaults to OPVault from Agile Keychain, no problem. Then yesterday I created a new vault on my iMac, synced it to Dropbox and with my iOS devices (iPad and iPhone) no problem, but my MacBook Pro couldn't find the vault. Followed the troubleshooting guide; didn't find an answer, so here's what I did: I created the same vault on my MacBook Pro which generated a "this vault already exists do you want to merge, etc" window so, yes, merge. Test file shows all 4 devices now in sync. Awesome! So my question: Is this an acceptable procedure?
    iMac/MacBook Pro macOS Sierra 10.12.2, iOS 10.2, Dropbox current, 1Pass 6.5.3 (yes, primary vault is iCloud sync), 1Pass iOS 6.5.1

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Andrew_M,

Thanks for contacting us with your question! Since it's different than the topic of the previous discussion, I've moved your message to a new thread. I hope you don't mind!

Sorry you had some trouble figuring out how to add that new vault to 1Password on your MacBook Pro. I'm glad you figured out a workaround! To answer your question, yes - that procedure is definitely acceptable.

There's an easier way to do that, although it works differently on a Mac than on an iOS device (so that may have caused some confusion). On a Mac, you can simply navigate to the local Dropbox folder, find the .opvault sync file, and double-click on it. That will open 1Password and prompt you to add the new vault. You don't need to do that now that you've already added it, but that might be helpful in the future if you add/sync another vault.

If you have more questions about that or need anything else, be sure to let us know - we're always happy to help. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.