iCloud is syncing but Folder counts don't match between iPhone and iPad

Sparkster
Sparkster
Community Member

iCloud says it is syncing but the item counts on my iphone and my iPad are different. I do not know how to resolve this problem. Please help I am current on my software versions. This only applies to my two iOS devices. Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Folder counts don't match between iPhone and iPad

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Sparkster: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Are you actually missing data, or is it simply the item count that's getting you down? We've made some improvements to this in the latest beta, but you may be able to get it to update by switching vaults. Let me know what you find!

• Sparkster
    Sparkster
    Community Member

Thanks so much for your reply. I use just one vault which syncs via iCloud. On my iPhone, the item count is 305. In my iPad, the item count is 290. I use 1Password on my phone 90% of the time so I know that the 305 item count is current and accurate. The vault in iPad isn't reflect any changes or additions made from iPhone. I try resyncing but they don't reconcile. I'm afraid to delete the app or the data on the iPad for fear I'll lose everything. Any suggestion are much appreciated!

• Hi @Sparkster

Thanks for the additional information.

The first thing I'd recommend doing is making a backup of your data on each device:

1Password backups

Once you have a backup from each device then we can work on getting this fixed up. The first thing I'd recommend doing is turning off sync with iCloud within 1Password on all devices. After turning sync off, we'll erase the data that iCloud has stored. To do that on one device open and unlock 1Password, then tap Settings > Advanced. Scroll down and tap Erase iCloud Data.

Re-launch 1Password and then set up syncing with iCloud again:

How to sync 1Password with iCloud

I hope that helps!

Ben

• tedkennedy
    tedkennedy
    Community Member

Ben, I have same issue with mismatching counts. Per your instructions, you shut down all sync. Then deletion and start up on 1 computer. Does it matter which one? Do we need to pick the "best" among our differing vaults to be the new start? Does this then become THE vault for all other devices when we restart sync on them? thanks, and sorry for the confusion here...

• Hi @tedkennedy,

If you have one where the information is more up to date than the others then yes: I'd use that one. If they all have the same data then no it doesn't matter.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.