Is windows version deserted?

Options

I have switched to Windows platform recently, but the windows version makes me very disappointed compared to mac os.
Either the UI and UX are unbearable, and it runs slowly and unstable with browser plugin. I can't even recover a deleted item from trash, the only way to do that is waiting for it slowly syncing to cloud and recover at iOS/Android client. And there are so many similar problems like password generator strength and so on.
I have been using windows version since three years ago, but now I haven't seen any noticeable changes since three years pass.
It's a huge disparity with MacOS; iOS version compared windows. The former looks pretty perfect, while latter looks a pre-release beta.

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: 4.2.6.90
OS Version: Win 10 64x
Sync Type: 1 pass acct

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dukai1011: We've made a lot of changes over the past few years to 1Password 4, but admittedly many of the big ones were not obvious unless you're a non-English user or rely on accessibility features. It's a full featured, stable app after years of improvements and enhancements. But you're very right that the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app doesn't yet have many of those features, and that it needs work on the interface and other areas still. We'll get there, and I appreciate you reaching out with this feedback!

Can you clarify the issue with password strength? If it's simpler, take a screenshot. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

We're working to streamline Trash management and make the new app match the Mac version in time with both features and interface, so don't hesitate to share any other criticisms you have. We're listening. :)

• Cthulhu_Calamari
    Cthulhu_Calamari
    Community Member
    Options

I have also been frustrated by the lack of any changes to the password display on Windows. No different colours for letters and numbers, and they don't even use a font that would more obviously differentiate 0 from O... I've been told that the beta for 6 has these functions, but the lack of browser support for features (like credit card info) makes that unusable for me. This really is a Mac-centric program, which is a drag for me (running multiple computers, all various PC platforms).

• Hi @Cthulhu_Calamari,

but the lack of browser support for features (like credit card info) makes that unusable for me.

Can you explain a bit more about this? We've been supporting the integration for the 1Password browser extensions from the beginning and we do support filling in your credit card information. Click on 1Password icon and search for the credit card item to select it and 1Password will fill it. This is also true for the Identity items.

We will have an update in the near future to start grouping items by categories in 1Password mini, like the way it looks on macOS.

This really is a Mac-centric program, which is a drag for me (running multiple computers, all various PC platforms).

macOS is our flagship platform as AgileBits were originally a Mac only company but we're in the transition from being a Mac-only company to be a cross-platform first company, which we must be in order to support 1Password.com service.

Windows is the rare exception because we had to build a new program, which takes up a lot of time and resources. 1Password for Mac doesn't have to rebuilt for 1Password.com, it's still using the same codebase from 1Password 4 for Mac that was able to be updated over time. 1Password 4 for Windows wasn't something we could adopt or update to support 1Password.com, it needed a new start in order to support all features including the UI such as the colorized passwords via the Large Type feature. Here's a screenshot:

• Cthulhu_Calamari
    Cthulhu_Calamari
    Community Member
    Options

The auto-fill option for credit cards with 1Password 6 in browser was not functioning the last time I tried to use the Beta, and without that it's less convenient than just getting my credit cards out, which defeats the whole purpose. I know that it's still a beta, but it's been in that state for how long? Until _all _of the functionality of 4 is available, it's an incomplete program. This means that on the functioning version there is no good means of displaying password information. I have to choose between one and the other. Work-arounds are still working around an issue that persists.

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @Cthulhu_Calamari,

The first stable update came out back in October for 1Password.com customers, it is not going to be an upgrade for standalone 1Password 4 users for a while until we implement the rest of the features, which will take a while. Here's the changelog to see the progress we're making every month.

This means that on the functioning version there is no good means of displaying password information.

I understand, we're working as fast as we can to finish up 1Password 6 with better password display UI.

This discussion has been closed.