To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have 2 Iphones. If I download app for each phone can I share same data on each one?

dsligon1
dsligon1
Community Member

I have been using your paid app on my IPhone for a while now. I have to have another IPhone in addition to the one I have used historically. If I download and pay for the app on the new IPhone, can I sign in with my existing information and have the same password data on both phones? I have the most updated version from the apple store/iTunes.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have 2 Iphones. If I download app for each phone can I share same data on each one?

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dsligon1 - Thanks for joining our forums. Welcome! :)

You wouldn't need to pay for the app again, actually. If you log in to the same iTunes account you used when purchasing 1Password originally, the download will be free.

To have your data sync between the devices, I'd recommend setting up a 1Password account. The subscription includes seamless sync with other benefits like web access, included app upgrades during the entire subscription period and a 365 day item history to keep track of changes. The subscription starts at $2.99/mo if you pay yearly with Family and Team options available in case sharing passwords with family members or colleagues is something you might be interested in.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any additional information. I’ll be happy to help! :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I would disagree with @Roman if you are only using 1PW on iPhones.

The subscription is worthwhile if one is using 1PW on a Mac or Windows machine, where outright purchase is expensive.

But if you are only using iOS, since you can sync using iCloud or Dropbox, I think that the advantages of the subscription are not worth the extra cost. Still, look at https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest to see if it does seem worth paying for.

• Hi @danco - Thank you for the assistance. Yes, you're correct, if you don't want to sign up for a 1Password.com account. We recommend using a sync source - iCloud or Dropbox to keep all your data in sync across your devices. There are advantages of signing up for a 1Password account: auto-sync & backups, in addition to accessing your data from any device via the web. Thanks again for the assistance and I appreciate the feedback. Have a fantastic day! :-)

This discussion has been closed.