Can't update beyond 6.1.272

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm presented with notices that a new version is available but when I click on Update Now the program just sits for 30 seconds and then quits. Nothing is ever upgraded.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @mprusse,

Thank you for contacting us and giving us a chance to help!

Have you tried to install the latest version of 1Password manually? Please try to do the following:

1) Uninstall the existing 1Password 6.1.272.
    2) Sign in to your 1Password account in the browser and go to Get the apps page.
    3) Download the latest version of 1Password 6 from here and install it.
    4) Open the new 1Password 6.
    5) Drag the QR code from the Get the apps browser window to 1Password 6 window to fill your credentials.
    6) Enter your Master Password and sign in.

Let me know how it goes. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Removed and now it says it won't load on my "outdated" browser. IE 11. Really? It's not that old.

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @mprusse,

Sorry about that, you don't need to sign in first to download the latest updates, you can find it here: https://1Password.com/downloads/

After that, you can sign in and it should work.

1Password.com's web app won't support IE11 because it doesn't support all of the modern cryptographic/encryption APIs we need to run the 1Password.com web app. Microsoft is instead focusing on Edge, where the web app does work in it but slightly slowly compared to other browsers. They're working on improving it as fast as they can and we're working with them to support 1Password extension in Edge as well.

This discussion has been closed.