Being told my account is frozen after installing iOS app [Accounts require a subscription]

Options
nmharvey
nmharvey
Community Member
edited January 2017 in iOS

Have a stand alone license. Being told (on Mac and iPhone) that my account is frozen after installing iOS app.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:frozen

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @nmharvey

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

So there are two things here:

1) Stand alone licenses and accounts are totally separate. Having one does not grant the other. If you have a license but would like to use an account that is a separate subscription fee. And vice versa.
    2) 1Password for iOS is a free app, but the Pro features are a separate purchase from a stand alone desktop license:

Pro features in 1Password for iOS

Accounts are a new subscription service we are offering which are super handy as with one you no longer have to worry about syncing. You simply sign into your account from any device and all of the data you've stored in your 1Password.com account vaults is available to you. An account also includes access to all of the apps (and Pro features for iOS, and all future upgrades so long as your account is in good standing) at no additional cost.

If you have data in a stand alone vault that you need to migrate to a 1Password.com account vault please see this guide:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you'd rather ditch the account and stay with the stand alone model you'd essentially do the same thing in reverse, and then remove the 1Password.com account from your apps.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.