To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

first time customer moving to personal

wtrmrk
wtrmrk
Community Member

Hi, I signed up for the trial under family but my family isn't interested so I would like to subscribe to a personal account. I am not sure how to do this because it only shows the family option to subscribe to. When I tried to set up a personal account, it asked me to log in and then I don't see anything. Am I able to switch? I am using the same email for signing in.

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @wtrmrk! No worries, I'd be happy to help with that. :) You can convert your account by opening 1Password.com and signing in, then clicking your family name in the top right and choosing Family Settings. There's a button at the bottom of that page to convert your account to an individual one, and the subscription will be updated automatically. Hope that helps!

• wtrmrk
    wtrmrk
    Community Member

Thank you Jacob! I tried that and got "Failed to switch to individual account. An individual account with this email address already exists. Is it because I accidentally signed in on the trial for an individual? When I sign in there, everything is blank.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@wtrmrk - I just checked your accounts. It looks like your Individual account hold your data and the Family account is (now?) empty. Do you need any additional assistance in this matter?

• wtrmrk
    wtrmrk
    Community Member

Thank you Roman! I don't know why I am having so many problems. I can access my desktop app but when I try to sign in online, it says "Cannot sign in. The email address and Account Key are not correct for my.1password.com." I entered everything correctly.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@wtrmrk - If you're able to sign in with the desktop app, it should work on the website too, as it's the same account. We've compiled a couple of things you could check when having issues signing in. I hope this helps!

• wtrmrk
    wtrmrk
    Community Member

Ah ha! I discovered I now have two accounts. However, it doesn't say what email I entered in. I thought I entered the same email on both accounts. I think I accidentally signed up for a personal one while the family one was active. However, I did not receive any confirmation and therefore I do not know what the account key is. Is there a way to find this out?

• Hi @wtrmrk - You might be able to recover the Account Key from your MacBook Pro -

Open & unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select preferences from the drop down menu > Click on the Account Tab > Click on your account in the list > Place your cursor over the Account Key then click the Copy button. That should do it.

Let us know if that helped :-) Have a fantastic day!

• wtrmrk
    wtrmrk
    Community Member

Hooray! It finally worked!! Thank you for your help!

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Frank you're welcome! I'm happy to hear it worked. Please let us know if you need anything else. We’ll be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.