Password Sliders Very Finicky on iPad

Jfree
Jfree
Community Member

When creating a new password in the browser's key / New Login dialog, the password recipe sliders are very finicky. It's as if the area that I can click and drag on is only a couple of pixels wide. Use case: I'm generating a new login for a site that doesn't like symbols, so I'm trying to drag the symbols slider from 1 to 0. Sometimes I can't do it at all, as if clicking on the slider isn't giving is focus, and other times it's possible but very difficult.

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iOS password sliders

Comments

• Hi @Jfree

Thanks for taking the time to write to us with this feedback. This is an issue we're aware of, and will hopefully be able to address in a future update.

Thanks!

Ben

• Larre
    Larre
    Community Member

Hi @Ben -

I just wanted to second this observation. I have been adding a number of logins lately and I change the password length and recipe quite frequently and this quirky behavior is really getting annoying. Sometimes I spend a few minutes trying to simply lift my finger off of the password length slider and getting it to stay at the value that I want. I wonder if a spinning wheel or even just an "enter a number" box would be a better way to manage these values. I really hope that you will be able to address this issue. It can get very frustrating.

Thanks--Larre

• Thanks for letting us know, Larre. :( Hopefully something we'll be able to improve on.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.