Anchor 1Password app window

Options
shogun168
shogun168
Community Member

1Password mini has a great feature where you can anchor an entry to always be on top of whatever you have on screen, it makes it much easier to copy information into forms. Is there a way of anchoring the main app window so when you're adding information or using it instead of the mini 1password version, it can stay on top of other apps?

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.5.2 (652002) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shogun168,

Thanks for writing in with your question! The main 1Password app doesn't have an option to stay on top of other windows like the anchored mini window, so you'll need to keep using mini to do that. But in case it helps, there are a couple keyboard shortcuts that make it very easy to open 1Password mini and anchor a window: You can use ⌥⌘\ (Option+Command+Backslash) to open 1Password mini, find the item you want, and then use ⌘O to anchor it.

If you have more questions or need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask. Cheers! :)

• shogun168
    shogun168
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew, thanks for looking into that. I prefer to use the Main App when adding or amending items, I'm aware you can do it with the mini version of the app but it's the screen real estate and being able to see items in your vault as you edit (I have a lot of shared entries that always get updated). Is it something you guys would consider adding as a feature? Anchor button for the main app?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shogun168,

I don't know if something like that is currently being considered, but I can let our developers know you'd be interested in a feature like that. Thanks for taking the time to let us know! :)

• shogun168
    shogun168
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Drew, great thanks! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.