Two step login No Click Save New Login option

When I try to save a new two step login info I do not have the option for Settings > Save new Login under the browser 1password toolbar. I am using Chrome

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @rob1216,

Thanks for writing in, I'm assuming you're using 1Password v6? Unfortunately we don't have that feature implemented in version 6 yet - version 6 unfortunately has to do some catch up to the previous version of 1Password. So at the moment, only Auto-Save works so if you go through the two-page login flow when you click "Login" on the second page you should be prompted to save a Login item but it will only save the Password. Assuming you can get this far you should have a Login item that will fill in the password field not the username field.

As a workaround please open the 1Password app and edit the Login item and add the username manually. Then try and see if it can fill in both the username and password on the website you're trying to use 1Password with.

Please let me know how that goes - if you're still seeing trouble please send a link to the website login page that you're having trouble with and I'll try it out myself.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• rob1216
    rob1216
    Community Member

Hey Matthew,

Yes I am using 1Password V6. The method you gave me work. The Username and Password were both filled in. Thanks for the quick response

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

No problem @rob1216 - glad that helped :chuffed:

Best regards,
    Matthew

• wtheis
    wtheis
    Community Member

I also have 1Password V6, but the fix above didn't work for me, the user name filled in on page one, but no password on page two. When I went to edit the login the password was correct.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wtheis,

A lot depends on the page in question. While the above should help it should also be noted that at the bottom of the page Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages there is HELP section that suggests creating two Login items, one per page. It is hopefully not required often but it is a possibility and it's very site specific because it's all down to how the pages are designed and whether they fall into some rare setup where supporting it could make it much harder to fill on more typical designs.

If you can tell us the site in question we might be able to help after taking a look and seeing what we learn. Multi-page sites are difficult though as we often can't reach the second page but if we can help we will. At the moment all I would hope to learn is the URL for the publicly available login page for the site which I'm hoping is acceptable to post here in our public support forums.

• wtheis
    wtheis
    Community Member

I tried to create two login items, one per page but was not successful. The site I'm having the problem with is T. Rowe Price Login https://www3.troweprice.com/clx/login/user-name.otc?pdurl=/aaweb1/portfolioAnalytics/page/accounts-activity/summary.otc?src=CorpHome

wtheis

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wtheis,

So I tried a couple of things with this site. I first used the steps outlined on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser and created individual Login items for each page. I did this in 1Password for Mac as 1Password 6 for Windows doesn't currently support this. Filling each page with it's associated Login item worked for me. I then manually created a Login item from inside the main 1Password window, setting the website field to the https://www3.troweprice.com/clx/login/user-name.otc?pdurl=/aaweb1/portfolioAnalytics/page/accounts-activity/summary.otc?src=CorpHome URL and entered a username and password. I found this basic Login item would successfully fill both the username field and then the password field when used again on the second page. I tested this Login item in both 1Password 6 for Mac and Windows and got consistent results between the two.

So I wonder if it's either a browser or version issue that is meaning we see different results. Could you tell us a bit more about what you're using please so I can see if I can reproduce your results when I test a setup closer to what you're using.

• wtheis
    wtheis
    Community Member

I have Windows 10 and using the latest Firefox as my browser which I downloaded last week.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @wtheis ,

Hmmm, I tried that website using Firefox 51.0.1, 1Password for Firefox 4.6.2 with 1Password for Windows 6.2.333d and I was able to fill in both username and then password in the second page using a single Login item (same one for both username & password). So it would appear you should only need a single Login item for this site too.

I have some questions and a suggestion that might help:

• Are using the most up to date version of the extension and 1Password? The ones I've mentioned above are the latest.
    • Do you have any other extensions installed in Firefox? Sometimes other extensions can interfere with the filling mechanism.
    • Finally, it would be worth checking that you have disabled Firefox's built-in password manager. You can do this by opening Firefox's Options > Security and unchecking "Remember logins for sites" at the bottom of the screen. Let me know if that helps.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• wtheis
    wtheis
    Community Member

I currently have 1Password for Windows 6.2.333 without the "d". I checked for updates and the site said I have the latest version. Is the "d" a beta version?

After I unchecked "Remember logins for sites" on Firefox, I was able to open the T. Rowe Price site but only with two login items, one for each login page.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @wtheis ,

Version 6.2.333 is the stable release - I believe we need to tidy up our version numbers a little - you can ignore the 'd' at the end. Sorry about the confusion. You have the correct version of the 1Password app.

Your first post mentioned that you tried a single Login item to fill both username and password, but it would only fill the username field. Perhaps you created this Login item in a slightly different way to how @littlebobbytables and I created ours so I've written out some step-by-step instructions so hopefully you can create the same kind of Login item we did and hopefully get this to work for you.

So the steps would be:

1. Open "1Password 6" and unlock the app.
    2. Click "+ New Item" > "Login" in the app.
    3. Enter a name, username, password and the following URL to the item: https://www3.troweprice.com/clx/login/user-name.otc?pdurl=/aaweb1/portfolioAnalytics/page/accounts-activity/summary.otc?src=CorpHome
    4. Save the new item.
    5. Open Firefox and go to https://www3.troweprice.com/clx/login/user-name.otc?pdurl=/aaweb1/portfolioAnalytics/page/accounts-activity/summary.otc?src=CorpHome
    6. You should see the login form requesting the username. Click on the 1Password browser button and choose your new Login item.
    7. It should fill in the username and move you to the next page that requests the password.
    8. Click the 1Password browser button again and choose the same new Login item.
    9. You should see it fill in the password and submit the page. If all goes well you should then be logged in.

Did that do any good?

If that doesn't work, there could still be a difference in the versions of software that we're using. Could you please let us know the exact versions you have of:

• Firefox (To do this, click on the Firefox menu and choose the ? at the bottom. Then click "About Firefox". A new window will appear with Firefox's version number).
    • The 1Password Firefox Extension. (Click the Firefox menu and choose Add-ons. Then click "More" next to 1Password).

Looking forward to hearing back,
    Matthew

• wtheis
    wtheis
    Community Member

I was able to login to T. Rowe Price with the above procedure, the only difference is when I click on the 1Password browser button it fills in the username but will not move to the next page unless I click "Continue", but on the second page after clicking 1Password browser button it fills in the password and opens the website page without clicking "Login". So it works fine for me, and thank you very much for your help. I was able to use the same procedure for the Bank of America website. FYI, I'm using Firefox 51.0.1 and 1Password Firefox extension 4.6.2

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@wtheis The behavior you described is actually correct. 1Password will only automatically submit on sites where it can put focus into a password field. Otherwise, we would be risking sending your username or other information to a form that may not be treated as a sign in such as a search form or other kind of form that might be handled differently. I hope that makes sense and explains the behavior you're seeing.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.