Adding additional (old) mac

Options
rcgregory
rcgregory
Community Member

I started with 1Password family a few weeks ago and have it installed on my macbook (os 10.12.2/1Password 6.5.3) and ios devices. I am now ready to start getting my family members involved. Our family imac runs OS 10.7.5, and I have installed 1Password 3.8.22 on it. It cannot be upgraded to more recent OS.

When I open 1Password on that Mac, I am immediately asked if I want to create a new data file or find an existing file. I can't find anything in user docs about how to proceed and don't want to misstep now and regret it. I have invited my wife to join the account. When I open the email on the family imac, the only download option is for the current version of 1PW.

Please advise on steps to get the old mac added.

THANKS.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rcgregory - Thanks for getting in touch. Our 1Password subscription service was launched in 2016, which is why support for the service is only implemented in 1Password 6, which is the latest version we released. The minimum requirement for 1Password is OS X 10.10 (Yosemite). As a consequence, there's no way to add your iMac to your account, I'm afraid.

This discussion has been closed.