Can't Login via iOS or APP!

magicmiles
magicmiles
Community Member

Title says it all.

I can't login on my iPhone 6s+. Latest version of the app (desktop and ios).

I keep getting 'invalid login information', and this is a first time login. I just opened my account with 1password.com and I can't even get in with the mobile app, WTF!

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2 (14C92)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @magicmiles!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. :( Do you have your emergency kit handy? That should contain all of the information you need to login, including a handy QR code that the iOS app can scan to pre-populate all but the Master Password (which you'll need to remember and type).

Also, are you still able to login via the website?

Please let us know. We'll help you get squared away.

Ben

• magicmiles
    magicmiles
    Community Member
    edited January 2017

Ben,

YES BEN I

1.) scanned the QR code.
    2.) entered the masterkey code in properly as it was done automagically by the app.
    3.) keyed in the masterpassword SEVEN [edit] times, and watched it fail each time.
    1 character at a time, with a second or 2 delay to verify over and over and over again that had entered it in properly.
    4.) can login to the website!

Not to sound belligerent, but I've already been down this road.

I was hoping you could tell me WHY the iOS app is failing to allow a login to begin with.

Miles.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2017

Miles,

Okay thanks for the update. I understand you're frustrated but these are family friendly forums so I'm going to have to ask that you refrain from cursing. I wish I could say I knew exactly what were happening in this case for you, but there is nothing inherently wrong with the iOS app (e.x. there isn't a bug that prevents people from logging into their accounts) so I'm going to have to ask for some patience so that we can troubleshoot the issue with you. I promise we'll get you where you need to be.

The first thing I'd recommend is making sure that the Account Key on the Emergency Kit you're scanning the QR code from matches your actual Account Key. Use the menu at the top right corner of the 1Password.com web interface (while signed into your account) and select My Profile. You should see a section for the Account Key that is blanked out (e.x. A3-123ABC-******-******-******). Click on that and then click reveal. Make sure what is displayed matches exactly what is on the Emergency Kit. Please note that the first 9 characters never change, so you'll want to verify the entire key matches. If it does NOT then you can generate a new Emergency Kit from that same page, and then try logging in on iOS using the QR code on the new kit.

If it IS already the same then I'd recommend changing your Master Password, which is also done from the My Profile page. Please try something consisting of letters and numbers only (*). You'll want to be sure to write this new Master Password down on your Emergency Kit. Once changed please try logging in via the iOS app again.

Please let me know how it turns out!

Ben

(*) Really pretty much any character should work, but at least for troubleshooting purposes alphanumerics are the most standard and least likely to cause a problem.

• magicmiles
    magicmiles
    Community Member
    edited February 2017

fixed. changed password length to 10 characters. i had a password length of 15, and your app wouldn't allow a login. i have video if you want to see....

• @magicmiles,

Thanks for the update! You should be find using a longer password, but perhaps one of the characters in your previous password were causing the problem? My password is 25+ characters long.

You may want to limit yourself to characters that appear on this image, though:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.