A Faster Way

Mitchla
Mitchla
Community Member

I have an idea for how 1Password could be faster. If I'm not logged in to 1PW, the process of logging in to a website is:
Click website's Sign-in link
Click Browser Extension button
Login to 1PW
Click Browser Extension button again
Select the website in Mini

A faster sequence would be:
Click website's Sign-in link
Click Browser Extension button
Mini drops down and the website is already there--it's grayed out (meaning I'm not logged in to 1PW) but still selectable
Login to 1PW

And the sign-in autofills.

There's no reason to have Mini come down twice.

Thanks for listening.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member

It should already be working the way you suggest. The extension (or Mini) will show the correct item right away if you have the corresponding URL active in your browser. If it's not doing that for you, then you may not have the correct URL in your login item. Check the website field to see that it matches the URL in the browser.

P.S. I don't think there is any way for 1Password to check if you're logged in or not. So the grayed-out idea probably can't be implemented.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017

Hi @Mitchla - Thanks for getting in touch. @pervel is right, it should already work the way you described in your faster sequence description - minus the greyed out part.

@pervel 's suggestion here is a good one:

If it's not doing that for you, then you may not have the correct URL in your login item. Check the website field to see that it matches the URL in the browser.

If the URL doesn't seem to be the issue, please let me know what browser you use (version?) and if you're using the most recent version of the extension. I's be happy to test this and see if I can reproduce it somehow.

I'm looking forward to hear what you find. :)

This discussion has been closed.