No Sync iPhone and MacPro

jackroehm
jackroehm
Community Member

Tried sync iPhone 6S with iTunes WiFi under Settings. Zilch. Wired to MacPro, tried sync via iTunes. Nope. (I have latest IOS and Sierra) 1PW: 6.5.3.. 1PW mini is checked under iCloud Drive.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.3
Sync Type: See above.

Comments

• Hi @jackroehm

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

1Password doesn't sync "over the wire," and also doesn't sync via iTunes. You can learn about how it can sync (and how to set it up) here:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps!

Ben

• jackroehm
    jackroehm
    Community Member

Many thanks for your help. I must admit that I was confused about what I was doing but as far as I can tell, my MacPro, MacBookPro and iPhone 6s are communicating. As an elderly retiree, I felt I did not need the 1Password subscription service. I used DropBox and a tes log in that I put on the computer 1PW appeared in both the MacPro and MacBookPro 1PW vaults. I'll recheck in a few days to be sure. Once again, many thanks.

• Thanks for the update @jackroehm. You're most welcome!

If you're happy with what you've got: great! But our subscription service is ideal especially for retirees. Customers have been asking us for a long time to make syncing and sharing easier. Based on those demands we created 1Password.com accounts. The only way to provide this service is as a subscription. We provide the sync service as well as the apps as part of this subscription. The ability to easily share passwords and other important data amongst family and team members has been immensely popular with our 1Password.com subscription customers.

Why this might be of interested, particularly to a retiree? Well for a few reasons:

1) Worry free syncing. Sign into your account and it "just works." No need to use a 3rd party service or worry about things "falling out of sync."
    2) Emergency Kit. When you create an account as part of the process you'll receive an Emergency Kit. This document should be stored in a safe place, and if you ever forget your Master Password or other account details you can refer to this document.
    3) Easy sharing. This can be especially helpful with estate planning. Not to be morbid, but the ability to share 1Password items with family members is not only super helpful for day to day stuff, but is also useful for estate planning.
    4) No need to worry about if you've got the latest version or paying for upgrades. As long as your subscription account is in good standing you'll always have access to the latest versions of all of our 1Password apps.

And that is just a handful of reasons that I could come up with off-hand. :)

No pressure, but if you decide that sounds like something you might be interested in, we have a migration guide here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.