Using the 1Password 6 beta, updated login entries are also saved as password

When I change the password for a web site, 1password of course offers to save the updated info. But it saves it as two password items and one updated login. I don't actually recall this happening before, so thought I'd report it.

1Password Version: 6.6.BETA-4
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member

Hi @dougmon,

when you're changing the password are you using the password generator to do so? If you fill with the password generator it will definitely create new password entries for those since you'd want to have a record of those generated&filled passwords in the event something went wrong.

Rudy

• Thanks for the answer. I changed one of my passwords and updated the existing using only the browser extension; this is how I usually do it. I've also tried filling from the password generator, and I can't seem to replicate the behavior I saw before. The old entry is moved to the trash, but no login is created. I have no idea what's going on. If this happens again, I'll get a log.

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member

@dougmon,

Much appreciated. you'll want to generate a diagnostic report and email that to support+forums @ agilebits.com, let us know what the support ID is here so that we can find your email.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.