Browser integration after upgrading from v4 to v6 Familes

damorrison
damorrison
Community Member

Hi, I've been a long time user of 1password and have been using v4 up until now. I'd like to move to v6 families so that my wife and I can share some passwords between us securely and simply.

At the moment, my browser plugin points to my dropbox synced v4 keychain, and I can't figure out how I change that to point to my new v6 keychain.

NB: I don't want to import anything from v4 into v6, as I have many duplicates in the v4 file (a duplicates cleaner would nice) and want to start fresh.

1Password Version: v6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10, Mac, iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @damorrison - Thanks for getting in touch. I'm happy to hear that as a long time user our Family plan is of interest to you!

After you set up your Family account in 1Password (alongside your existing local Dropbox-synced vault) you should be able to switch between vault via the extension. Click on the 1Password icon in your browser and then - in the menu that comes up - click on the 1Password icon again. This will show an additional menu where you can choose which vault you'd like to use. You can also switch this All Vaults so you can use login items from both vaults at the same time.

I hope this helps. :) Please let me know if you need anything else. We're here for you!

• damorrison
    damorrison
    Community Member

Hi, I only see my Dropbox vaults, nothing for the family vault.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@damorrison - I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much! :)

This discussion has been closed.