Autofill not working in Safari

Options

Due to chrome having major issues recently I switched my primary browser to safari and installed the 1PW plugin. However it never works or autofills anything. From logins to credit cards....nothing happens. I can copy and paste but that drives me nuts. Please help!

Candice

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS 10.12.1
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @crcossel (Candice),

With issues like this the best thing for us to do is look at a diagnostic report. Before we do so though it might be worth ensuring everything is up to date. 1Password 5.4.3 is very old now and the current version of MacOS is 10.12.3. The updates to MacOS are mostly about stability and security so those are extremely advised and we're now up to version 6.5.3 of 1Password for Mac.

So I would recommend a bout of updating and rebooting the Mac. If the issue still persists then we'll definitely want to look at the diagnostic report I mentioned earlier. This link will guide you through the required steps.

For 1Password on your Mac

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you assuming the updating didn't help :smile:

• crcossel
    crcossel
    Community Member
    Options

Do I have to upgrade? These aren't free upgrades so I prefer not too. And I think they should work regardless of the version?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @crcossel,

All the updates I suggested are free. Apple did used to charge for major OS X updates but they stopped doing that a while ago and now any operating system updates are free, the only requirement being whether the Mac supports this major version. With 1Password for Mac we last charged for a new version back in version 4. Anybody that has purchased 1Password since then is eligible for 1Password 6 using the same purchase. If you purchased directly from us the update uses the same licence information you added to 1Password and if needed those details can be requested by using the I lost my license... form on our AgileBits Support page. If you purchased 1Password via Apple's Mac App Store then the App Store application should be notifying you of an available update as all updates to any MAS purchase are handled by the App Store application. 1Password 5 should work but there are also countless bug fixes and improvements we've made since then and I can't think of one reason to not upgrade.

Obviously we've never chatted before now but I would never start off by insisting somebody purchases a new version. I might strongly recommend if the older version is becoming quite incompatible e.g. 1Password 3 for Mac with either El Capitan or Sierra but it would still just be a recommendation. Thankfully though 1Password 6 is free to you as an update given you're running a licensed 1Password 5 (it seems a safe assumption :smile:)

This discussion has been closed.