Stopped Filling in User Field

Options

Good morning - up until this morning, 1Password has been filling out my paycom.com login just fine. It has a "Client Code" field (called clientcode in form details), a "Username" and a "password". It's going the username and password just fine but no client code even though it is still listed correctly in the password details.

I am using 1Password 6.3.5 from the App Store on OS X 10.11.6 and the 1Password Mini extension (1Password Beta 4.6.3.1 from the Chrome extension store). Syncing has been fine between my Mac and my iPhone though Windows can be rocky...it doesn't seem like there's a good Windows client just yet but I can feel it's close.

Any ideas why this is happening all of a sudden?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TxFireAg,

Thanks for writing in - sorry about the trouble with the Login item. I tried creating a test Login item for paycom.com (this website specifically: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/cl/cl-login.php) and I was able to fill in the Login item correctly.

In cases like this it's likely that something on Paycom's login web page changed recently and has caused your Login item to become a little stale. Which in turn causes it to no longer fill in the details. I would recommend trying to recreate a new Login item using the Save Login Manually feature (which is only available in 1Password for Mac at the moment).

Just to give you a little background on what's going on - when a Login item is created using the Auto-Save feature (where 1Password prompts you to save a username & password), 1Password also saves some extra details about the web page you're on in addition to saving the username and password. It does this to improve filling accuracy and allows 1Password to fill more complex login web pages such as this one with a Client ID. However those extra details can become stale if the website maintainers decide to change something after you've created your Login item - unfortunately if that happens it is possible that the Login item can suddenly stop working. Re-creating the Login item as suggested can fix this as doing so will gather the latest details about the website. Hopefully this is what's happening here and creating a new Login item will work as expected.

Hopefully we can wow you with the Windows client in the future - it has come a long way in the last few months. Really looking forward to some more new shiny features in it soon :chuffed:

One other thing - you mentioned that you're currently on 1Password for Mac 6.3.5, maybe you mis-typed the version number but if not you should be able to update this to 6.5.3 which is the latest one.

Please do give re-creating that Login a try and let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• TxFireAg
    TxFireAg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the follow-up. I tried that suggestion - deleting the old 1Password entry for Paycom (client side), filling in the login form again, creating a new item manually, and it only saves 1 item, my user name, and puts it in the wrong field, the client code field. Any idea what's going on? I'm sure glad I remember this password!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @TxFireAg,

Can you confirm that the URL Matthew posted is the same one you use please. I tried testing using this URL and everything worked as expected. My testing, like Matthew was based on version 6.5.3 of 1Password for Mac which was released late December and version 6.5 included a decent change to the filling side of things. It's very possible something there is why we're seeing a difference if you are indeed running 6.3.5. Are there any pending updates in the Updates tab of the App Store application on your Mac?

The Login item will never display all three pieces of data when you simply view the Login item but the item I created correctly detected the password and username while the client code can be seen as recorded in the web form details. What is important is it is in the web form details section as this is why it correctly fills all three fields when I tested.

This discussion has been closed.