1password 6 / Windows 10

mikecurl
mikecurl
Community Member
edited January 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi all,
have just moved over to version 6 from 4, using a 1password account.

3 things are bugging me:

1. Why isn't there an option to minimise window after copying something? Perhaps I'm being dumb but there aren't many options any more
  2. How do I download icons / graphics for a login url? None of the imported ones refresh and new ones don't get them either.
  3. Why isn't there a secure desktop mode to foil key loggers etc.

I'm assuming version 6 is now the live version as https://1password.com/downloads/ downloads version 6 without the "enable betas" option being selected.

Many thanks,

Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @mikecurl,

Thank you for taking time to contact us! We really appreciate that you have given us a chance to help and explain the confusion.

While 1Password 4 has a few years of development behind its back, the technology it was built upon is getting long in the tooth. For this reason we decided to build 1Password 6 for Windows from the ground up and use the latest frameworks and novelties from Microsoft. 1Password 6 is quite young (around 7 months old) and there is a few rough spots here and there:

Why isn't there an option to minimise window after copying something? Perhaps I'm being dumb but there aren't many options any more

It takes time to implement all the features we have in 1Password 4 and we are not there yet. Right now, you can use 1Password extension in your browser and copy/paste the credentials from there (not from the main app):

How do I download icons / graphics for a login url? None of the imported ones refresh and new ones don't get them either.

We had to remove Rich Icons from the recent builds of 1Password 6, because they were affecting the performance of the app. We have plans to get them back, but I don't have any timeframe for you at this point.

Why isn't there a secure desktop mode to foil key loggers etc.

Secure Desktop is great and it is on our list for future updates. We are working hard to improve 1Password 6 every day, because our end goal is that 1Password 6 will match feature parity of 1Password 4 and then it'll be one Windows app for everyone. Please stay updated with the latest release notes here.

I'm assuming version 6 is now the live version as https://1password.com/downloads/ downloads version 6 without the "enable betas" option being selected.

It is. However, you can still download 1Password 4 from our downloads page and we do not prompt 1Password 4 users to update to 1Password 6 (yet).

I hope it helps. If you have any other difficulties or questions about 1Password 6 or 1Password in general, we are always here for you.

Thank you!

++
    Greg

1.png 143.6K
This discussion has been closed.