iPassword V4 trial version restrictions and Import Formats

Options
justnishant123
justnishant123
Community Member

Hi,
I have downloaded 1Password 4, desktop version. I am evaluating the trial version, and I had read somewhere that 1Password v4, the trial version, had restrictions to only 20 records. I have imported over 150 dummy records and is still taking in. Is 1Password free now or in what respect the trial version is restricted ? Curious to cross check the restrictions posed over my usage pattern, so that I can decide whether to buy it or continue with trial version itself ?

Next Question.
Since my data is scattered in txt files, excel, outlook notes etc, it's rather easier for me to create csv files manually instead of using Mr. C's applications. I have manually created few csv files to import data for Login category. The csv file format for Login is given https://support.1password.com/create-csv-files/.
Are similar format available for
1. Wallet Items like Credit Card, Bank Account, Rewards Program etc..
2. Accounts Items like email, instant messenger, etc.
3. Identity
4. Secure notes etc ?

thanks,
justnishant

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options

@justnishant123 ,

No, 1Password 4 for WIndows can only import Login items from CSV.

The csv converter has always supported the categories of Login and Secure Notes, and I've since added support for Credit Card and Membership, but would be happy to add more if you need them. I just haven't done this, because nobody has asked!

• justnishant123
    justnishant123
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mr. C,
    Yes, I believe it would greatly help others like me who wants to move away from xls to 1P. Adding support for Password, Identity and Bank Account would be quite helpful.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@justnishant123 ,

I'll add them tomorrow. In the meantime, separate out your entries such that each CSV file only contains records from a single category.

• justnishant123
    justnishant123
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. It's not super urgent for me. You can take your time. Do reply once you are done.

Cheers,

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @justnishant123 ,

I've implemented your requested CSV categories of Bank Account, Identity, and Password. Please use the 1.10 version of the converter in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post of the converter suite thread.

The CSV section of the README details the required / supported headers for each category's CSV format.

• justnishant123
    justnishant123
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mr. C for your prompt update :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@justnishant123: Nice! I'm glad MrC was able to help out with that. I wanted to jump in to clarify the trial. You'll have 30 days to evaluate the app with no restrictions, then after that you'll be limited to 20 items. If you've already got more than that, you'll still have everything, but you won't be able to make any new ones without unlocking.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

And either way, be sure to let us know if you have any questions while you're familiarizing yourself with 1Password. Thanks for checking it out! :)

This discussion has been closed.