A Thread Just for My Bug Reporting, Feature Inquiries, etc.

Options
cs88rf
cs88rf
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Dear 1password for windows team,

I hope this is not against the forum rule. I find it tedious and overwhelming to open a new thread for each minor (or major) issues I find in using the beta app. Let me know if this is OK... I find you to be pretty active and fast in response on the forum, so this became my first choice instead of sending countless emails. Also, this may help people too shy/lazy to ask but still have the question regarding the same bug and/or feature.

1Password Version: latest beta
Extension Version: latest beta for Firefox
OS Version: Win10 Version 1607
Sync Type: Vault

Comments

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Discovered in the past few days, when I was getting kind help from MrC with his converter.

Background: convert roboform passcards into .onepif for import.

Issue:

upon import, 1password app shows two usernames (for certain login), the first one being wrong and second one being correct, which may or may not have something to do with the converter, but it is not relevant at this moment.

The issue is, after app syncs to the vault, when I view the login in online vault, only the first username shows up. That's fine, I'll delete that value and insert the correct one. Then, it syncs back to the app. So now the app shows two usernames, both correct. At this point, if I delete the first username field, it deletes server side, which is fine because the server's username field seems to link with only the first username field in the app. So I delete the second username in the app, and it won't affect server side at all, great.

After deleting second username's value and saving, that second username is gone. However, once I click edit again, that field is there (although having empty value). There is no option to delete that field. So now it looks like this when I click edit:

username: xxxx
    username: - empty -
    password: xxxx

Should I call this a bug or feature?

EDIT: in other words, 1) 1password.com does not support two username but 1p windows app does; 2) 1p windows app does not delete an empty username (or also possibly password) field?

• Hi @cs88rf,

Thanks for writing in.

The reason we appear to be far more active and reply faster here is mainly because a separate thread for each related issue. We actually are not faster in a long thread that has a variety of bug reports being included like emails tend to be. If someone else on our team comes in, they have to read from the very beginning to figure out what's going on in the latest reply. To maintain that type of pace, we will actually split unrelated posts into their own threads for you, that way it becomes more manageable for everyone.

While you're more than welcome to keep everything in this thread, keep in mind that if you add a different bug report, we will move that report into its own thread.

As for your issue, everything you said is related to the way the data was imported. There is no reason to have two username fields in the first place and if there is, it is either a bug in the import logic or the exported 1PIF file is incorrect, or even both.

To figure this out, we need to look at how the data was converted to 1PIF. Do you have a sample of the converted 1PIF with random data that you've shared with @MrC? I have a theory of why this is happening but want to confirm before I share it.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@MikeT,

@cs88rf has made me aware of the issue, but I have not yet had a chance to create test data or correct any issue. This is coming from the roboform converter, and I've been doing some heavy work on it, so its a work in progress, and cs88rf has been gracious with his time helping me with test cases, conversion and import testing, etc.

• Hi @MrC,

I'll email you with my theory because I've seen something like this before and want to help you there.

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member
    Options

Test

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@cs88rf ,

I hope you received my email today, regarding the update to the roboform converter, to handle the great supply of sample HTML form field strings you sent. Looking forward to hearing of your results.

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC I'm going through the conversions and writing you an email right now ;p

I posted a test here because I had previously posted something on this thread, after which it said "Your comment will appear after it is approved", so I always have a draft notification on forum. I tried a couple times just now but it didn't go through at all. Funny the "Test" went through.

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member
    Options

That post was to ask whether I can delete these empty second username field in the future.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@cs88rf ,

Are you still getting empty usernames? You should not be....

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, I am :blush:

I downloaded from testing bits, so it should be the right version I used? I can definitely see changes, because a lot of logins were converted successfully that I can remember that they weren't previously. Also, the loginfield * issue came back in a slightly different way. Please see my email =)

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Sorry for the gazillion of duplicate post... My previous question wasn't showing up for days because of the issue of "needing review". I just wonder if i can delete the empty second username field in the future. It looks like I cannot delete them in the current version of beta Windows app.

• Hi @cs88r,

Your account has not been verified, that's why your posts are pending. I've verified your account just now and you shouldn't see it anymore. This is a part of the forum's anti-spam system, everyone has to verify their email address after registering for the account.

As for the deleting the duplicated username fields, unfortunately, you would need to re-import them once this is fixed. If I understand the issue correctly, we don't yet have the capability of deleting the field that's not in the normal structure, that's something we're trying to validate prior to import. We'll need a sample of the JSON to reproduce this issue and fix it. If you have an export file that reproduces this issue (don't send it yet, replace the data in it first) or @MrC, we'd really like to have it, so we can test and fix it for you guys.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options

@cs88rf / @MikeT

I believe the updated roboform converter (in 1.10) now avoids creating duplicate usernames or password fields. The pattern matcher for these now employs a token weighting strategy where the highest priority username or password token wins, and all others are demoted to simple key/value pairs that go to notes.

I'm awaiting any further reports on this from cs88rf via email. No need to reply here until we've resolved any outstanding issues - let's use email.

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT @MrC thanks to both of you =D

I will start using separate threads then.

So I assume I cannot delete the empty username field at the moment in windows app, or will it be supported in the future? I am going to keep testing converter but I have finished setting up one of my vaults manually so hopefully I won't need to do it all over again!

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT @MrC thanks to both of you =D

Somehow I can no longer post to this thread? I'm wondering if I can delete empty username field in the future?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@cs88rf,

You seem to be posting!

I don't know the answer to your deletion of the empty username field - perhaps someone from Agilebits will have the definitive answer.

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC Yes, MikeT mentioned above that I have to re-import. But no worries, last night I used HTML to filter out all 27 of these "loginfield" item and replaced them with the ones converted by your latest converter and all seem to be good now :chuffed:

• That's awesome to hear, thank you for keeping us informed.

This discussion has been closed.