IOS app does not work, shuts down directly

Options
rene_kamphuis
rene_kamphuis
Community Member

Since 2 days, after unlocking on my iphone 6S, with password or with fingerprint the app shuts down imediatly.
I have a iPhone 6s, IOS 10.2.1.
On my windows laptop it works without problem.
I use 1Password version 4.6.1.617

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:IOS app does not work, shuts down directly

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rene_kamphuis

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

1Password v4 for iOS would be quite old at this point. We're on v6 now. Could you please try updating to the latest version? This link will take you there:

http://j.mp/1PasCS

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Javier_GH
    Javier_GH
    Community Member
    Options

I had exactly the same issue for the last 2 days, app shut down just after tried to login with my fingerprint or typing password

I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version, and same thing.
    Unable to run 1password on my iPhone 6S, iOS 10.2.1 anymore

Only 1 vault, which is in my Dropbox account.
    Accessing vault on my windows PC works well.

Please help.
    Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Javier_GH,

If you are experiencing crashes with 1Password for iOS, first please be sure you are using the latest version:

1Password 6 for iOS - iTunes App Store

If you are, and are still experiencing crashes, please send us the crash logs directly. Here are the steps you'll need to follow:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to support+forum@agilebits.com

Alternatively, if you do not have a computer with iTunes available:

1. Open Settings app
    2. Go to Privacy, then Diagnostics & Usage
    3. Select Diagnostics & Usage Data
    4. Locate the log for 1Password. The logs will be named in the format: 1Password__
    5. Select the desired log. Then, using the text selection UI select the entire text of the log. Once the text is selected, tap Copy
    6. Paste the copied text to Mail and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com

With your email please include a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/74967/
    as well as your forum handle:
    Javier_GH

When you send the message you will get an automated reply from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post the Support ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Ben

• rene_kamphuis
    rene_kamphuis
    Community Member
    Options

I solved it by pushing hard on the 1password icon on my iphone6s. And from there choose New item. This opend 1password en further on it works again without faults.

• BBal835
    BBal835
    Community Member
    Options

I've been having the same issue for about 2 weeks now on both iPhone and iPad iOS 10.2.1 with 1Password v 6.5.1. The app just suddenly quits. On my iPhone I turned off Mobile Data which helped for a few days, but now the problem has returned. 1Password version 6.5.3 works fine on my laptop. I wonder if it's connected/caused by the latest iOS update? Hope your engineers are looking into this.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @BBal835

To investiate further we'd need the crash logs I described sending above. Could you please follow those instructions for me, except you'll need to replace Javier_GH's handle with your own (BBal835)?

Thanks

Ben

• BBal835
    BBal835
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, I sent the files but have not yet received a support ID from BiTBot. I will post it when I do.
    Bruce

• Javier_GH
    Javier_GH
    Community Member
    Options

Additional information:
    It crashes the same in all the iOS devices I have tried: my own iPhone 6S, my work iPhone 6, my wife's iPhone 5, and my iPad 4.
    It can only be an issue with the latest iOS version or something wrong with my vault, even though it works on my Windows PC.
    I could not send the log yet, I'll do asap.
    Thanks, Javier

• Ben
    Options

@BBal835

Thanks! Even though BitBot appears to be shirking his responsibilities we did receive your crash logs and I'll be forwarding them to our development team for further investigation.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: WAU-66557-959

• BBal835
    BBal835
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, This number from your email to me may be my support ID, though not sure, so I will post it here anyway: #WAU-66557-959

• Ben
    Options

That is the one. :) Thanks!

Ben

• eyalron
    eyalron
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi,

Same here. Since I upgraded to iOS 10.2.1 yesterday, 1Password crashes consistently on my iPhone 6s.
    I sent an email to support with the crash report files (Support ID: #DIW-68826-945).

Thanks,

Eyal

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the logs Eyal! I've sent them to the developer investigating this crash.

Ben

• lvlike
    lvlike
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I have the same issue. And I can more clarify the occurrence of this crash in my situation. The mobile app shuts down after login, if active state pointed to Folders (Pro option). When I manage (very short time) to make a tap on the Favorites, Categories, or Settings, everything works well from now on. Until I do not tap on the tab Folders ("Организация").
    Thanks,
    lvlike

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @lvlike. I didn't see any crash reports in our inbox from the email address you use here on the forums. Did you send us crash reports yet? If not could you please do so, using the instructions in this post? (replace Javier_GH's forum handle with yours lvlike)

Thanks!

Ben

• lvlike
    lvlike
    Community Member
    Options

I did it. Thank you, Ben.
    Waiting for ticket #

• lvlike
    lvlike
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, I have one more clarification.
    When I changed the primary iOS language (ru) into English and reinstall 1Password app, then the application does not crash even when working through a Folders. It is therefore possible that the accident caused by the operation of the application in the localized mode (for example, invalid characters in the interface translation).
    Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @lvlike. We received your crash reports and I've forwarded them to development for further investigation.

Ben

ref: QDP-32357-612

• lwhitten
    lwhitten
    Community Member
    Options

Running ios 10.3 beta 2 in iphone SE & ipad air 2. Latest 1P. Works fine on phone, crashes almost immediately on ipad. Will send logs shortly

• Thanks @lwhitten. Is this a continuation of the crash caused where the app was left on the Organize tab, or something new caused by 10.3b2?

Would you like to get in on our TestFlight beta test to see if the problem still exists in our latest beta?

• lwhitten
    lwhitten
    Community Member
    Options

I just now sent log. This was present in 10.3b1 as well. I had not noticed app left on Organize crash.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @lwhitten -- received. We'll get back to you via email as soon as we can.

Ben

ref: TQH-36551-516

• Javier_GH
    Javier_GH
    Community Member
    Options

Here I am again,

The issue I had on my iPhone 6S in February got solved in the next 1password iOS app update.
    But it is still the same on my wife's iPhone 5.

I have used the Diagnostics & Usage in the Settings app, and extracted the text of the 1password crash log.

Please cofirm that I have to:

1. paste the log text and send it by mail to "support+forum@agilebits.com"
    2. include a link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/74967/
    3. refer to my forum handle: Javier_GH
    4. post here the Support ID that I should receive as an automated reply from BitBot

Thanks in advance,
    Javier

• Ben
    Options

Javier,

That would be helpful if you could please do that, yes.

Thanks!

Ben

• Javier_GH
    Javier_GH
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    I've sent it, the support ID is #LGC-71223-117.
    Looking forward for a nice solution.
    Thanks again

• Ben
    Options

Thanks! We've received the crash log and will be in touch shortly.

Ben

ref: LGC-71223-117

• Javier_GH
    Javier_GH
    Community Member
    Options

Crash on iPhone 5 solved with just installed new version 6.7
    Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news, @Javier_GH! Thanks for following up to let us know the update solved the problem. You should be all set, but we're here for you if you need more help with 1Password or have more questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.