Duo and 1Password TOTP

Options

When I use Duo, what happens to 1Password's TOTP? I have never set up 1Password's TOTP successfully.

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem - Duo is only used when logging in to your 1Password account in your web browser. It won't change anything about the TOTPs associated with your individual logins. Please also be aware that it's a beta feature only available to subscription customers on Team plans.

I'm using TOTPs on every site that support them, so I'd love to hear where you find difficulty in making them work for you. Are you aware of the support article we have on this subject? It has a video that shows you how to set it up. Let me know where our instructions fail you so we can improve them. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Roman,

It is unclear whether the TOTP is for an existing login or for a brand new 2FA. I attempted the TOTP from 1Password iOS for my Dropbox account. I also had the issue where the QR Code scanner failed to recognise the code. I tried multiple times without success. It may have been because I already had an existing 2FA? I don't know.

I've read that article and it describes TOTP pertaining to Mac. I am on iOS and Windows primarily.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem - I can't offer an article regarding the Windows version yet. It works similar, with one important difference: Instead of scanning the website's QR code, you'll need to paste the URL manually. I hope this helps.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Roman.

The inconsistency between platforms can be confusing.

• Hi @wkleem - Sorry for the troubles but I'm glad @roman was able to help out :-) Let us know if you have any further questions. Have a fantastic weekend.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@Frank,

There is an issue that I have authenticating Microsoft which wants me to use their Authenticator App and not the Duo App.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

• Hi @wkleem - Thank you for the additional details and for the link. We don't use DUO for TOTP in 1Password. You will have to copy the secret from Microsoft and enter into the custom TOTP field. Make sure your system clock is accurate. Sorry for the confusion and I hope this helps. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.