To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master password not working on macbook pro-please help!

Options
andreacon
andreacon
Community Member

My master password won't work on my mac, although it does work on my iphone. I tried the suggestion of going to help--troubleshooting but there is nowhere to reset the program.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• andreacon
    andreacon
    Community Member
    Options

My master password won't work on my mac, although it does work on my iphone. I tried the suggestion of going to help--troubleshooting but there is nowhere to reset the program.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Do you use any special characters? Sometimes the codes entered when you type a special character differs between one device and another, so an apparently correct password will not work.

That's just one possible explanation, and I am not an AgileBits employee, so my guess may be way off.

• andreacon
    andreacon
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you-no, just lowercase letters.

• cjcher
    cjcher
    Community Member
    Options

Hello I am having this same issue since yesterday . I am able to log in with the password on iPhone 6 but not on my macbook pro version 10.11.16.

• cjcher
    cjcher
    Community Member
    Options

I just fixed it by updating safari and security update !

• Hi andreacon - Thank you for reaching out to us. Just in case we discuss personal information, I just sent you over an email so we can work on this together. When you get a chance reply back to me so we can continue the conversation over there. :-)

ref: YSC-64548-254

• Hi @cjcher - I'm glad your issue was resolved :-) Let us know if we can be of any further assistance :-)

Thanks again for the help @danco :-) Enjoy the weekend!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@andreacon it's almost impossible to respond helpfully to problems like this without some basic information, so please tell us:

• What version of 1P you are using (the link will tell you how to find that information)
    • What version of 1Password for iOS you are using (the link will tell you how to find that information)
    • Your iOS version number
    • What sync method you use to sync your 1P data (Dropbox, iCloud or wifi—or do you have a subscription copy of 1Password?)
    • Whether you have recently changed your master password and, if so, where you changed it.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @andreacon,

I noticed you opened two different forum threads for the same issue, so I merged them into the same discussion to avoid confusion. It looks like Frank is helping you with this via email now (if you didn't receive his latest reply, please check any junk folders/spam filters to see if it was caught there). We'll keep the conversation going via email so we don't duplicate efforts between here and there. Thanks! :)

ref: JQD-47186-841

• cjcher
    cjcher
    Community Member
    Options

hello, I was on here previously and was able to get back into my account once I updated safari and the security update. Then I got the error message"1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini". I manually installed the latest version and all was working and was able to log in. Then soon after that I was having the same issue unable to log in to 1password account on my macbook but able to on my iPhone . There is no update needed for my macbook so I don't know what else to do . Please help . Thanks

• Hi cjcher - Sorry for the troubles. I just sent you over an email so we can work on this together. Since this is a public forum, I don't want to run the risk of discussing any private information. When you get a chance reply back to me so we can continue the discussion over there. Talk to you soon.

ref: GJA-19872-734

This discussion has been closed.