Device de-authorization? [Now supported with 1Password 6.4 update]

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I was really happy to read that the new (6.3.368) beta finally supports device de-authorization.

However, when I logged in to 1Password.com and tried to remove the long list of Windows entries for my profile I still got the error that this is not supported yet...

What did I misunderstand?

1Password Version: 6.3.368 Bet
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @XIII,

Thanks for writing in.

Sorry about that, we're waiting for the 1Password.com site to be updated. We have a separate server for beta testing and it works there, but it is not yet updated on the production servers.

I'll update this thread when it is ready.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I'll stop trying until your update ;)

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

You're welcome, I can confirm that our testing server works fine but not the production ones. So, hopefully, it'll be a quick fix tomorrow for our web services team.

• Hi guys,

Just an update, we won't be able to enable this on the 1Password.com site until we ship 1Password 6.3 to the stable channel first. This is something that may mislead folks on the current stable channel, so we want to avoid that and wait until everyone is on 6.3 before we enable the feature.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

There's a Beta option on the web as well. Can't you enable this new feature only for people that have this option enabled?

• Hi @XIII,

I'll check with the web service team, I'm not familiar with how that option generally work. It is possible there are limitations and device de-authorization is something that's more than just a basic feature.

• tylex
    tylex
    Community Member
    Options

It still does not work... :(

• Hi @tylex,

It is not supposed until we ship the 6.3 stable, which isn't scheduled for another week.

• Robs
    Robs
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    1Password 6.4 was released a few days ago, but de-authorization on 1Password.com still doesn't work.

Even the release notes from 1Password 6.4 note that it should work now:
    Device de-authorization is now supported.

Would be nice if you could update the web app to support it.

Have a nice weekend,
    Robs

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Robs,

We're still waiting on the web app update. Last I've checked is that the code has been merged but it is awaiting deployment. It should be in the next update soon.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

They've just updated the web app, it will now support de-authorizing the Windows devices. Please give it a try.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

They've just updated the web app, it will now support de-authorizing the Windows devices. Please give it a try.

Yes, works! Showing the date/time of the last login does also help a lot. Thanks!

My list is finally clean again :)

EDIT: some bugs though:

• macOS Sierra is reported as OS X El Capitan
    • iOS 10 is reported as iOS 10 on 1 device, but as iOS 9 on 2 others
  • MikeT
    Options

Hi @XIII,

That's great to hear and on behalf of the web + Windows teams, you're welcome.

macOS Sierra is reported as OS X El Capitan/ iOS 10 is reported as iOS 10 on 1 device, but as iOS 9 on 2 others

Are these devices showing the recent activity?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Are these devices showing the recent activity?

Yes, they do ("Today", "Yesterday", etc.)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @XIII,

That's a known limitation at the moment, the 1Password.com servers does not yet update your devices when you sign in, it only records the device when you initially sign in. We will add the additional APIs to update the device information every time you sign in.

This discussion has been closed.