Safari and iPhone

Options
akispusa
akispusa
Community Member

I read somewhere that there is way to have Safari on the iPhone be able to access 1Password to fill in passwords for sites. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jarret23
    jarret23
    Community Member
    Options

@akispusa You can - open up Safari and click on the share icon. Once you have that opened click on where it says more - the icon is 3 dots. In that list find 1Password and change the slider to green. Now anytime you have to login you just choose the share icon and choose 1Password.

Another option is to set Safari as the default browser inside of the 1Password app which can be found inside the app under settings and 1Browser.

• akispusa
    akispusa
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response. I tried the first method and 1Password wasn't in the list. It does appear on the share screen before I go to more. The second way had Safari set as my default browser. I have to open up 1Password copy and paste a password along with the username, this is only in Safari on the iPhone.

• jarret23
    jarret23
    Community Member
    Options

You can actually click on the link inside of 1Password to launch the browser. Have you tried that?

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

Thanks for assisting here, @jarret23. I do want to clear up one bit of misinformation though:

Another option is to set Safari as the default browser inside of the 1Password app which can be found inside the app under settings and 1Browser.

This does not change your browser. It changes the "user agent" that gets sent to web pages you visit using 1Browser. It doesn't have anything to do with launching Safari from within 1Password.

If you're still having difficulty with 1Password in Safari, @akispusa, please see this guide:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• akispusa
    akispusa
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for clearing it up. It now works fine.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update @akispusa! If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.