Will someday the Windows app offers the same kind of features the MacOS app does ?

Options

Hi

I use 1Password on various platforms, and you may have guessed it, especially on Windows AND on MacOS (and iOS but that's not important here).

The thing is, the Windows app has the merit to exist (which is very cool for syncing stuff) but it's waaaaaaay under the macOS app in terms of features. Some fancy things are missing (like icon customization, including automatic icon download), and some more important stuff is missing too (like watchtower, password age, multiple time used passwords, etc.).

Are all those cool features planned to be added in the app at some time ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @LoosGuccreen,

Thanks for writing in.

Absolutely, 1Password 6 for Windows is a work in progress and we will catch up to 1Password 6 for macOS as fast we can.

To explain its journey, it is only less than 8 months old (first stable update was back in Oct of 2016) and we're getting close to shipping 1Password 6.3 very soon. 1Password 6 for macOS is at least 3.5+ years old, it was able to adopt support for 1Password.com without overhauling it but we couldn't make the same happen in 1Password 4 for Windows, thus, a new codebase had to be borne. Unfortunately, that means it is going to take some time for us to get everything implemented but we're getting there with monthly updates and we're trying to cut that down to a biweekly release schedule soon.

• LoosGuccreen
    LoosGuccreen
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your answer, that's nice to hear !

I switched to the beta channel, the best is yet to come. :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Mike you are very welcome, LoosGuccreen! :)

We are working hard to make 1Password 6 for Windows great, so please reach out to us anytime if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Greg

• mweswilly
    mweswilly
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I have the same concerns as LoosGuccreen. I'm really hoping the password age counters and multiple used counters are coming to windows soon. Do you have a timeline for these features?

Also, when I sign up on a website and use the password generator, 1Password saves the password twice: one is a Password type named Password (no user name or website saved here), and the other is a Login type and it saves everything (username/password, website, appropriate name). It'd be great it 1Password could clean up that duplication. It's another reason I'd like to see the multiple used counters :chuffed:

Cheers,
    Wilson

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @mweswilly,

Thank you for reaching out!

We started implementing Security Audit in 1Password 6 with Watchtower, which warns you about security breaches on the websites you have saved in 1Password. Security Audit (including duplicates, weak passwords, etc) is an important part of 1Password and we are planning to expand on it in future updates of 1Password for Windows. Stay tuned! ;)

This discussion has been closed.