1Password says "Browser could not be verified" for Google Chrome

Options
Spinoza1939
Spinoza1939
Community Member
edited February 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

1P has stopped recognizing sites I am on, and no longer opens them from the logins list on 1P. I just noticed that the 1P pulldown on Chrome says Browser could not be verified.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1P has stopped recognizing sites I am on, and no longer opens them from the logins list on 1P.

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Spinoza1939. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having. First, could you quit and relaunch Google Chrome? Sometimes when there are updates pending, the code signature isn't able to be validated until it is relaunched.

If you still have trouble after that, could you remove and reinstall the 1Password extension?

Let us know how it goes.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• foodini
    foodini
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also getting the "Browser could not be verified" from 1Password. My version of Chrome is up-to-date (56.0.2924.87 (64-bit),) and it is running from the /Applications folder (OS X 10.11.1). I do have a paid license (I get the "You are licensed!" message from the License window,) and am running 6.6.4 (664001). This has been a regular issue for months, now, where it'll work for a few days, then be offline for weeks at a time.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @foodini,

Do you use any sort of proxy or proxy based software?

• An ad-blocker that you install such as GlimmerBlocker or Freedom.
    • Web debugging tools such as Fiddler.
    • Parental control software.
    • Any active proxy service.

If the extension's communications attempts are being routed via a third-party piece of software that is what will be returned when 1Password for Mac looks to see where the message came from. These can typically be stepped around by whitelisting the localhost IP address 127.0.0.1. We have details on our support page How to configure your firewall, proxy, or other network software for 1Password.

Could this be a possibility at all?

This discussion has been closed.