One stuck item in 1Password 6, not syncing [Will be fixed in 1Password 6.3, coming soon]

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password not syncing.

Comments

• jchauvin
    jchauvin
    Community Member
    Options

On Friday, Feb 3, I made one new login and updated several passwords. Today, Monday, Feb 6, my 1Password app is showing that I have one Sync Error and one Offline Change, both are for the new login. When using the 1Password helper for Chrome on Windows, I tried to use one of my existing accounts that had a password change on Friday, but it's still using the previous password version rather than the new version. I've combed through the settings and tried to review the help documents, but I can't find a way to force the sync. My computer has been shut down completely and then restarted, but I'm still getting the sync error. I have not signed out of the application based on previous thread responses because I can't lose all the passwords I changed.

I have a Family Account and version 6.3.359d installed on my computer. I only just installed that version this morning after the system restart. I have not restarted since I updated the version.

• Hi @jchauvin,

Thanks for writing in.

That sounds like you have a sync conflict, which we've improved already for the upcoming 1Password 6.3 update, we expect to ship it within a few weeks. 1Password 6.3.359d does not have a way to resolve sync conflicts at the moment, you need the latest beta build or the next stable update. You've replied in the Windows Beta forums, are you willing to give the latest beta a try? It is actually a release candidate that we will ship as the next stable update, so it's heavily tested and works well.

If you want to wait for the next stable update, the best way to fix this right now, is to copy the change you've made for the new Login item in the Offline Changes/Sync Errors list and save it on the 1Password.com web site using your web browser. Once you save it, it will overwrite the local item in 1Password 6 and clear the sync error list.

• Al Nelson
    Al Nelson
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this same issue (latest 6.6.439). Using system proxy. How do I confirm 1Password has connectivity and force a sync? How do I force it to sync a password in "Offline Changes"

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Al Nelson: Without some more information it's hard to say. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your PC, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post your Support ID here so we can confirm that we've received it. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Al Nelson
    Al Nelson
    Community Member
    Options

I hardcoded proxy and it worked. It used to work on default system proxy. Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Al Nelson,

Great news! :) Thank you for keeping us posted. We are glad to hear you've figured it out. Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime, we are always ready to help you with 1Password. Have a great week!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.