Proxy Frustration (Windows)

Options

I am trying to convince my School to adopt 1Password. The first person I setup to use it, it does not work... lolz

We use zscaler proxy, setup with ip address and port number.

Any idea on how to get this to work?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• Hi @coasttech,

Thanks for writing in.

Zscaler has caused issues with us before. Have you whitelisted the 1Password.com domain on the secure port 443? If not, please try it and see if it works.

Also, if it requires authentication, the user has to enter their credentials in 1Password's network settings via Settings > Options > Network.

• coasttech
    coasttech
    Community Member
    Options

I have added 1Password to my whitelist, did not work. I am able to login on MacOS but Windows does not work. I have tried this on two Windows computers with no luck. The only time I need to authenticate, is when I start browsing the internet. After I log in once, I do not need to log in again.

• coasttech
    coasttech
    Community Member
    Options

• Hi @coasttech,

The only time I need to authenticate, is when I start browsing the internet. After I log in once, I do not need to log in again.

Did you enter the proxy authentication credentials in 1Password's network settings? Windows caches the proxy information for you but it does not pass it on to 1Password, which means 1Password must have the credentials before it can connect. On macOS, all of this already handled by macOS, so we don't have to do anything special there.

If it still doesn't work, please email us your diagnostics report, use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.