1Password won't work in Chrome [Likely blocked by an AV]

LORDSVN
LORDSVN
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hey,

I worked with 1password since 3 years and I think it will come to the end.

1Password works on my macbook like a charme.
(1Password 6 Version 6.5.3 (653000) + chrome extension 4.6.3.90)

At my Windows PC it is a complete disaster.
(1Password 6.3.359d + chrome extension 4.6.3.90)

Here a list of my problems at the windows version:

1. no automatic syncing with dropbox
  2. can't add new items (Button doesn't work)
  3. no button to erase the trash folder. (rightclick doesn't work)
  4. no chance to get the 1password chrome extension running (Couldn’t connect to 1Password - Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension. Follow the simple steps on our support site or contact us.)

I try the 1Password Version with two different windows 10 stations. No chance. Same failures.

What is my failure or is the windows verison so buggy?

EDIT:
Okay, i found some answers. Please verify:

1. 1Password 6 doesn't work longer with dropbox?

Does 1Password 4.6.1.617 for Windows support the chrome extension? Doesn't work for me.

best regards

1Password Version: 6.3.359d
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @LORDSVN,

Thanks for writing in. I'm sorry you're having so much problems and as per your edit regarding local vault support, that is correct, 1Password 6 doesn't support it. 1Password 6 is a limited roll out for 1Password.com subscriptions only and it has very basic read-only support for local vaults. It is not an upgrade to 1Password 4 at all, both versions will co-exist until we get 1Password 6 complete to replace 1Password 4. You can find 1Password 4 here.

As for this:

no chance to get the 1password chrome extension running (Couldn’t connect to 1Password - Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension. Follow the simple steps on our support site or contact us.)

That almost always mean there's an anti-malware solution blocking the connection between 1Password extensions and 1Password. We have a list of known AVs here. Can you tell us what solution you're using and we will be able to help you further.

This discussion has been closed.