No auto-fill into windows applications (and some web forms) and minor gripes

Options
Shaguar
Shaguar
Community Member
edited February 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I've recently switched to 1P due to a migration to Win10 as a replacement for iCloud keychain. Now Google does most of the stuff I need and the only reason for 1P is that it would bridge the issues between iOS, Win and OSX since Google doesn't work outside the browser nor does it work in Safari. 1P seems to be the solution to this issue but it seems like 1P is having a lot of problems with many sites that both iCloud keychain and Google does not.

ie.
1. icloud.com login. Google will auto-fill l/p into the fields and of course iCloud keychain will as well. 1P did not even ask to save login credentials
2. this is the **ironic **part. I created a Credit Card item into 1P then went to the 1P families site to add a credit card. I had to copy and paste from 1P application to get my CC info into the 1P website..... guys... seriously????? of all websites for saved credit cards auto-fill to not work on?

Feature parity. I am surprised the 1P OSX has better featuers than 1P WIN, this is something new to me as a long time OSX user. Unfortunately this time around, I am coming in from the WIN side. There is a post in July 2016 in which an Agilebits poster replied that the team is getting WIN version to feature parity with the OSX version. It's now Feb 2017 and I still don't see the feature parity.

Where is watchtower in 1P Win and where is security audit in 1P Win? This was the question posed by a 1P user in July 2016 and fast forward 5 months later, nothing!

I sincerely hope that I will not regret this subscription since over the trial month I've invested too much of my data into 1P.

1Password Version: 6.3.359d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Shaguar,

Thanks for writing in.

We're working as fast as we can to implement all of the features into the new 1Password 6 for Windows program but it is going to take a while to match the feature parity of 1Password 6 for macOS. 1Password 4 for Windows had almost all features implemented but in order to support 1Password.com service, we had to start from scratch with the new 1Password 6 program instead.

1. icloud.com login. Google will auto-fill l/p into the fields and of course iCloud keychain will as well. 1P did not even ask to save login credentials

I am not able to reproduce this. Are you using 1Password extension 4.6.3.90 in Chrome 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)?

1. this is the **ironic **part. I created a Credit Card item into 1P then went to the 1P families site to add a credit card. I had to copy and paste from 1P application to get my CC info into the 1P website..... guys... seriously????? of all websites for saved credit cards auto-fill to not work on?

Filling Credit Card and Identity items is supported but not intuitive to use yet because we don't have category groupings in 1Password mini but it is coming soon.

To fill your credit card item, bring up 1Password mini by clicking on 1Password icon or pressing Control + Alt + \, type the name of your credit card item and then click on it, 1Password will then fill it in.

There is a post in July 2016 in which an Agilebits poster replied that the team is getting WIN version to feature parity with the OSX version. It's now Feb 2017 and I still don't see the feature parity.

The first stable release for 1Password 6 for Windows was back in October of 2016, the first line of code was back in April of 2016. It is not going to be possible to compress several years of the macOS mature codebase into one year on Windows, especially considering the platform differences and us focusing on security first. We're already almost done with the foundations before we can start adding more advanced features on top of it and we're working as fast as we can to catch up to the macOS's level soon.

Where is watchtower in 1P Win and where is security audit in 1P Win?

Not yet implemented as it has dependences that we need to finish first. We're getting there and hope to have Security Audit implemented in the near future.

• Shaguar
    Shaguar
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Thanks for the prompt response. Yes there seems to be a lot of work to be done. Best of luck.

I've checked my extension version and yes it's 4.6.3.90 and Chrome is 56.0.2924.87 64bits

• Hi @Shaguar,

You're welcome.

I've checked my extension version and yes it's 4.6.3.90 and Chrome is 56.0.2924.87 64bits

Hmm, that is strange then. I'll keep testing to see why it may fail to auto-save. In the mean time, if you have a moment to help, can you create a testing Login item for iCloud site and see if 1Password fills with it? For this testing item, the following two addresses must be saved: https://www.icloud.com/ and https://idmsa.apple.com/, like this:

• Shaguar
    Shaguar
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT My apologies. I just re-read what I wrote and I wasn't clear. It's no entries in 1P and first time entering login credentials and it didn't ask to save then after I manually created the entries, it didn't autofill the first time, but after that it worked. This happened when I was populating my 1P database. Same Chrome instance, for other sites 1P had prompted to save. IIRC iCloud was after Google in sequence.

• Hi @Shaguar,

When you said entering login credentials, do you mean unlocking 1Password mini with your master password, not entering your credentials for the site itself?

• Shaguar
    Shaguar
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT

1. if 1P was not unlocked, it doesn't prompt to save password. I've replicated this on steelseries.com. Moment I unlocked 1P and relogin, 1P asked to save. I'm assuming the no prompt to save is due to this.

2. It is probably user-error on my part for the 1st autofill not working. I suppose we can ignore this. If it ever comes up again, I'll be sure to record and document it and forward it to you.

At the moment, I'm still working through populating my 1P database before attempting to do so with other family members as I go through the sites that I have accounts on.

• Hi @Shaguar,

Moment I unlocked 1P and relogin, 1P asked to save. I'm assuming the no prompt to save is due to this.

No, it should still work. The browser extensions, when it sees that there's something new to save, will send a call to 1Password mini, and before 1Password mini does anything, it checks to see if it can view data (lock status). If not, it will prompt for password first and then show you the auto-save dialog after capturing the data from the extension.

I've just tested this and it works for me.

However, if you're starting up 1Password mini for the very first time (after reboot or terminating 1Password), then it won't work because the call never made it in to 1Password mini as it wasn't running at the time. At this point, it's just trying to start 1Password for you.

. If it ever comes up again, I'll be sure to record and document it and forward it to you.

There is a known issue where if you're unlocking 1Password mini for the very first time (after a reboot or terminating 1Password), it will not auto-fill after that nor show you the list of matching Login items. This is a refresh issue and something we're working on.

I think both issues may be because your 1Password app isn't configured to run on reboots. Try this:

1. Open the main 1Password 6 app, unlock, and click on Settings on top right to select Options.
    2. Go to the General section and make sure Start 1Password automatically when I sign in to Windows is checked.

After that, it should work better.

• Shaguar
    Shaguar
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT yes start on boot is enabled. I think you explained to me. I think maybe an option to unlock vault on bootup with a pop-up window could be a nice thing to have, that way, upon boot up 1P is unlocked and won't run into this issue. This will also ensure that users don't forget to unlock the vault when they login. I never click on 1P upon a reboot until I have to and since I'm still populating my 1P vault, this could be why I encountered the issue. Possibly an opt-in option since I can see having another window pop-up upon Windows login can annoy some users

• Hi @Shaguar,

We're not going to add an extra option for something that 1Password should be doing right. We'll fix the initial unlock and after that, there is no need to have 1Password show up like that. 1Password should be locked by default until you need it, not right away while you may not use it.

This discussion has been closed.