Suggestions - sort, collapsible UI

Options
dubeg
dubeg
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,
I'd like to propose a few changes for 1Pv6 for Windows.

1. Save sorting type (and sorting order if it's coming someday).

• It's been mentionned here, but back in June :/
    • The reason for this is that I currently loathe the default "Sort By Title" list display. It wastes a lot of space it seems. I'd probably prefer something like: But currently, if I could change it once and forever to Sort By Category, I'd be pleased.
  2. Collapsible left pane (pane of All items, etc), so that labels are hidden and only shows the icons, like shown in the screenshot above. And if you could just remove the minimal window size constraint as well, that'd be great :^)

Comments

• Hi @dubeg,

Thanks for writing in.

It's been mentionned here, but back in June :/

The issue in that linked thread has already been fixed in the latest 1Password 6.3 beta builds, it will sort by date > date, instead of date > alphabetical.

The reason for this is that I currently loathe the default "Sort By Title" list display. It wastes a lot of space it seems. I'd probably prefer something like:

Unless it is something Windows can do for us as an option, we'd have to spend time on building our own custom UI for this and it may not even work well because custom controls can also affect accessibility (screenreaders may not work with it) among other issues. We may look at this after we finish up 1Password 6 first but for now, it's not something we'll do for the near future.

But currently, if I could change it once and forever to Sort By Category, I'd be pleased.

This will be implemented in a future update, we have a lot of improvements coming just for the sort itself; persistence, reverse order, date-based options (password age), and more.

Collapsible left pane (pane of All items, etc), so that labels are hidden and only shows the icons, like shown in the screenshot above.

This is already available in the UWP version of 1Password 6 (removed for new customers, coming back in the near future). However, the desktop version doesn't have this ability to snap into icons only, we'd have to use a custom drawing control and for now, it is not something we'll do in the near future.

And if you could just remove the minimal window size constraint as well, that'd be great :^)

We've reduced the window's width constraint in the latest 1Password 6.3 beta builds but we will not be removing it as it is required for the three column layout to work correctly. This isn't an issue in the UWP version of 1Password 6 but even there, there are three minimal column constraints to show something.

• dubeg
    dubeg
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @MikeT,
    Nice, I didn't know about the UWP app. Nice to know about the sorting stuff as well, I hope it's gonna be in a beta soon.

About the size constraint, it's simply about convenience. Sometimes I want to resize it to a small block (even though it makes it almost useless) temporarily to make space for another app, without necessarily needing to minimize it. I know new UWP apps made by Microsoft all have significant size constraints as well, but if the new Beta is down to Calendar's or Mail's min size, I'll be happy. So, I am looking forward the new Beta to see what's the new situation like.

Thanks!

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @dubeg,

Why not use 1Password mini instead? You can bring it up any time via Control + Alt + \ and right-click on an item to copy any of its values.

1Password mini will be getting a lot of love soon to make it more useful.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, hope I can use this suggestions thread to add another feature request. It would be great if the 1Password window could remember its maximized state. Currently, it's the only one of my programs that opens in a window, and for the sake of my obsessive tendencies, it'd be great if it could remember its state :chuffed: I hope that this can be fixed in some future beta.

• Hi @pbryanw,

It currently does retain the location and size as long as it isn't maximized, minimized, or snapped, these states are different. We will add support for it in a future update.

This discussion has been closed.