To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account Key??

Options
gbkruth
gbkruth
Community Member

I purchased the Family version of 1Password on the apple app store and cannot locate my Account Key or Emergency Kit so that I can use 1Password on another Mac? HELP been trying to solve this for a week????

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.3
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:I purchased the Family version of 1Password on the apple app store and cannot locate my Account Key or Emergency Kit so that I can use 1Password on another Mac? HELP been trying to solve this for a week????

Comments

• Hi,

Your account key is one of the key security features of 1Password, and it is shared between clients but never sent to the AgileBits servers. Consequently, if you don't have it written down, you'll need to recover it from the other devices you have.

To retrieve it, there's a handy guide here which goes through signing in to another device you have 1Password on and getting it out: https://support.1password.com/account-key/

I'm hoping you still have the old device. Sadly, if you lose your account key entirely, it's impossible to retrieve and you will have lost access to your account. That's why they emphasise the importance of it so much!

• Hi @gbkruth - Thank you for reaching out to us. I sent you over an email so we can continue the conversation over there since this is a public forum. When you get a chance reply back to me there and we can work on this together. Talk to you soon :-)

ref: ITN-75834-345

Thank you @oliverdunk :+1:

This discussion has been closed.