Community Member
    Options

John's issue was #QEP-32852-473

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@Once_Nice_Twice: It is a known issue that will be fixed. Sorry about that! I found your email on our side and we will reply to you via email as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: QEP-32852-473

• chansearrington
    chansearrington
    Community Member
    Options

Any update here? I'm seeing other products with Edge extensions.

Also, do you have to have a total native UWP to leverage edge extensions or can you use the Windows Desktop Bridge to make your Win32 apps a "UWP" and then create the edge extension based on that?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chansearrington: Nothing new to announce since last week. We're making progress, with Microsoft on Edge support and also UWP so we can get back into the Windows Store (also required for the Edge extension APIs we need), but I can't offer specific implementation details at this time. Perhaps it's something we'll be able to talk about on our blog in the future. Cheers! :)

• mruszczyk
    mruszczyk
    Community Member
    Options

When 1Password returns to the Windows Store will Chrome and Firefox be able to interface with the UWP app or will that require the stand alone desktop app? Will we have to have both applications installed to get browser extensions working in Edge Chrome and Firefox?

• @mruszczyk that is a very interesting question. Ideally we would love for app from Store to work with Chrome/Firefox too, so you don't have to use complex app setup. I've been experimenting with it and I could manage for UWP app to talk to desktop browsers. However there are some obstacles that we need to workaround first. I can't promise where it will end, but I can tell that we are trying to make it to work like one app.

• mruszczyk
    mruszczyk
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile That's great news. I'm honestly surprised Microsoft is preventing Edge extensions from using Native Messaging to communicate with a locally installed desktop app, though I see on their page about Native Messaging that it is indeed true. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/extensions/guides/native-messaging

Hopefully there is nothing preventing a UWP from communicating via Native Messaging with win32 browsers.

• @mruszczyk if you want real technical detail - it's the registry change for Chrome/Firefox done by UWP app is invisible to Chrome/Firefox because registry for UWP app is virtualized. Which is good behavior in most cases, as you don't want your UWP app to ruin other app's registry. But in our case we need that.

• chansearrington
    chansearrington
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile do you guys have someone at Microsoft that is helping you with these types of questions/issues? If not, I'd like to volunteer to help find someone for you.

• @chansearrington i'd love some help with UWP platform, there are edge cases that requires some insights. Mind if I drop you an email?

• Paatrick
    Paatrick
    Community Member
    Options

BTT: Is there any news for the extension for Edge yet? I'm desperately waiting but I'm slowly getting tired of it :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Nothing new to report since last week unfortunately, but we'll be sure to announce when we have something more to share.

• chansearrington
    chansearrington
    Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile PM me and I'll give you my MSFT email address. I would PM it to you, but it doesn't appear that I can do that.

• mrjamesmoore
    mrjamesmoore
    Community Member
    Options

If you need beta testers let me know. Eagerly awaiting this like everyone else :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

@chansearrington, Serg will send you a private message as soon as he's able.

@mrjamesmoore, we will announce when we're ready for any type of beta testing, the current extension is still not in the shape of being fully usable yet.

• chansearrington
    chansearrington
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT :thumbs-up:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    Options

:)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

And to be sure, once we have something to share, we'll absolutely be excited to do so. Cheers! ;)

• rosenkrieger
    rosenkrieger
    Community Member
    Options

Can't wait. Without a 1Password Extension I am not going to even thinking about using Edge as Standard Browser.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rosenkrieger: Thank you for your kind words! :chuffed: Microsoft Edge is a great browser and we want 1Password to be there. Please stay tuned.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    Options

Can't agree more, @rosenkrieger - I'm in exactly the same place.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Wilhelm: We are all in the same boat here. :) :+1:

• chansearrington
    chansearrington
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile Hey man, still looking for help on this?

• @chansearrington sure, let me try and shot another email, just make sure you do not have @agilebits.com in spam filter! :D

• swartkrans
    swartkrans
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

As a loyal 1Password customer who's used this product since 2012 on many platforms I am very much looking forward to your Edge plugin.

• swartkrans
    swartkrans
    Community Member
    Options

I'm going to switch from Dropbox sync to 1password.com sync just so I can support this 1Password extension for Edge! Edge is a fantastic browser. The 1Password 6 is soo much better than v4. I just now need to update all my devices to make the switch too.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@swartkrans: Thank you for your kind words and your support over the years. We would not be here without you! :) 1Password extension for Edge is still in progress, but please stay tuned.

If you need our help with the update and migration process, feel free to ping us anytime, we are always here for you. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    Options

Edge extension, @swartkrans ? I'm very keen to find that since I'm currently 'saving passwords' in Edge... obviously not a very solid move, but I just can't copy/paste anymore...

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Wilhelm, I think swartkrans meant that he wants to support the development of 1Password extension for Edge. :) We are working really hard on it, but there is a lot of pitfalls and under the hood changes we need to make. I hope for your understanding.

In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything we can help you with. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.