site password not propagated to login field

I have a site (chi.midphase.com) that is not recognizing the automatic insertion of the correct password. So, I changed it on the site using the Password Generator, updated the site successfully, but 1Password is still putting in garbage in the password field. Why and how do I fix this?

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:password not propagated to login

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SpokaneDude,

When you say "automatic insertion of the correct password" what do you mean? The reason I ask is 1Password won't fill automatically, 1Password has to be instructed to fill. It could mean you have autofill on your browser enabled and it's the browser, not 1Password that is filling the incorrect password. If this is the case then our page Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser should help.

It might be it isn't this but the page appears to be quite simple and when I tested saving a Login item and then filling a freshly loaded copy of the page it filled the correct password into the password field. When you changed your password on the site did 1Password ask if you wanted to update your existing Login item and if it did and you told it to do so does the password stored in the Login item appear correct? Lastly, if you save a new Login item using the steps outlined on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser does this new Login item behave the same as the original or different?

• SpokaneDude
    SpokaneDude
    Community Member
    edited February 2017

So, I went into Chrome, deleted the site from the Managed Passwords, then tried to login using 1Password... the login fields are blank (userid and password). So I filled in the two fields, went to the gear and manually saved the login info, and tried to login again using 1Password... blank fields again!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @SpokaneDude,

I think it may be worth learning what version of 1Password for Mac you have and what version of the 1Password Browser Extension too. My testing was performed in my browser of choice which is Vivaldi, a Chromium based browser so I would hope we'd see the same results.

I would also be curious to learn if you normally fill using open and fill or if you use the extension in the browser. All of my testing concentrates on filling with the keyboard shortcut ⌘\, probably just out of habit. I went back and tested open and fill and it struggles, I think because of how it loads the page and does that little loading animation before bringing up the actual form. Filling once loaded works though so it may be a timing thing that we can work on, we'll need to look deeper into it to see if this is the case.

• SpokaneDude
    SpokaneDude
    Community Member

I must tell you that I just changed browsers to Vavaldi, and I love it... so, I'll work with it and see if it solves anything... Chrome is notorious for acting up... I'll get back to you.... and thanks for the mention of Vavaldi...

Rolf

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

:smile: Vivaldi has a couple of quirks but I was a big fan of the old Opera and this Vivaldi is by the same people that brought us that amazing browser. The latest version of Vivaldi (version 1.7.735.46) has a neat feature. Now I don't know how many people will find it useful on a daily basis but there's now the ability to capture an entire page as an image to disk. That may not sound like much until you realise out that it isn't like a screenshot that may or may not capture an entire page but an image as long as required to display the entire page, no matter what percentage is currently being rendered onscreen. It's going from strength to strength :smile:

Keep us updated.

• SpokaneDude
    SpokaneDude
    Community Member

The only thing I don't like so far, is when you click on a link to open a new tab, it goes to that tab rather than stay on the current one... very annoying! Yes, I have found that pressing CTRL or CMD (both on the Mac) is supposed to stay on the page, but that is not working... bummer!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SpokaneDude,

Odd. I hadn't thought much about this but when I poked about a little just now I find that hold cmd down and clicking opens what they call a background tab (so tab focus doesn't change) while shift + cmd opens a new tab and shifts focus. I'm not suggesting it's a real solution but I assume that if you right click on a link that the two options Open Link in New Tab and Open Link in New Background Tab do work as expected (so it's just about the keyboard shortcuts not working correctly).

This discussion has been closed.