Partner can see my work vault

Options
Jochemdeen
Jochemdeen
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Families

I recently upgraded from private to family account since I convinced my partner to use this service as well. Yesterday I added a work vault, where I put all my work account information. Today my partner logs into his phone and was able to see all my work accounts! While my private vault was not visible. Why did he see my work stuff? It's useless info for him, clogging up space...
Is this because I set up my partner to be family organizer? If so, I don't understand the role of the family organizer?
I figured, we can both take care of bills, or if either of us get locked out, recover accounts. What's with the weird I-can-see-all-vaults thing? What's the use?

1Password Version: 6.3.359
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10, mac os, android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jochemdeen, this sounds like you accidentally granted access to this vault for your partner. You can change vault permissions to correct this.

The Family Organizer is a family member who can manage billing, change the name of the family account, delete the family account, and initiate account recovery. Each family has one organizer by default (the person who created the family account), but additional family organizers can be added in the Admin Console, as you did.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else. I’ll be happy to help! :)

• Jochemdeen
    Jochemdeen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Roman

Thanks for your answer! However, I did check the vault permissions and my partner does not have access to the vaults according to those settings. Neither in the settings of the vault itself nor under the personal settings of my partner when I access his profile. However, on his phone he does have access to the work vault.
    When I change his status from family organizer to family member the vault disappears from his phone. This seems improper behavior of the 'family organizer' role to me.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017
    Options

NOTE: I edited my earlier reply as it contained inaccurate information.

Hi @Jochemdeen - I just tried a setup like yours on a test account and I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. In my tests it didn't matter whether the user was a Family Organizer or not. It seems like I didn't set this up the way you did, at least not in all details. ;)

I've sent you an email a couple of minutes ago, so we can discuss this without revealing too much information on the forum. Please get back to me at your earliest convenience. I'll be happy to work with you on this! :)

ref: EXH-16422-583

This discussion has been closed.