Can I merge my account with my son's?

Options
Andy73
Andy73
Community Member

I created a 1Password account a few months ago (free trial is just ending). Shortly after that, I helped my son set up his own account before he headed off to college. If I upgrade to a Family plan and invite him, will he have to set up a new account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Andy73 - Thanks for getting in touch! If you decide to upgrade to a Family account, you'll need to invite your son to it after upgrading. He will then be prompted to create a new user (family member) on your account.

As 1Password is perfectly fine being signed in to multiple accounts at the same time, your son could add the Family account to 1Password in addition to his existing Individual account. When he's signed in to both accounts, he can move his data over from the Personal vault of his Individual account to the Personal vault of the Family account.

Once he moved over his data, he doesn't need the Individual account any more. He can sign in to it and delete the account from the My Profile page.

I hope this helps getting your son set up with the new Family account. Please let me know if you need any additional information. I’ll be happy to help! :)

• Andy73
    Andy73
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome, thanks. I'll set it up and let you know if we get off script.

• Fantastic @Andy73, I'm happy to hear @Roman was able to help out. Let us know if you come across any questions along the way, the door is always open, we'll be happy to assist. Enjoy the rest of your day :-)

This discussion has been closed.