Constant crashing in iOS with latest version of 1pwd

Options
drtimhill
drtimhill
Community Member

I have 1password for Mac (6.5.3), iPhone and iPad (6.5.1). I sync them all via iCloud, and have macOS Sierra 10.12.3 and iOS 10.2.1 on iPad/iPhone. I have a moderately large database, with about 400 entries.

Recently I've been doing a lot of cleanup of my password database, mostly editing on the Mac and then syncing to iPad/iPhone. Both my iPhone and iPad versions of 1pwd are now VERY unstable and crash within a second or so of unlocking. Repeatedly.

If I delete the app on iPhone/iPad and then reinstall, most of the time it does a full iCloud sync correctly and is then stable. But if I go back and do more editing on my Mac, then any subsequent update sync on the iPhone or iPad will mostly cause a crash unless I delete and re-install.

Looks to me like something in the iCloud sync logic is causing 1pwd to crash on iOS. Is this a known issue, or should I be looking deeper into this?

1Password Version: 6.5.1, 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @drtimhill

Thanks for taking the time to write in! We have heard of some reports of crashes when syncing with other services besides 1Password.com accounts, but we'd definitely like to dig deeper. Please send us the crash logs directly. Here are the steps you'll need to follow:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to support+forum@agilebits.com

With your email please include a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/75271/
    as well as your forum handle:
    drtimhill

When you send the message you will get an automated reply from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post the Support ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Thanks!

Ben

• drtimhill
    drtimhill
    Community Member
    Options

Done. The Support ID is: #VDN-38288-611

I posed both the iPhone and iPad crash logs. HTH.

--Tim

• krizzcross
    krizzcross
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I too experiencing crashing issue and have emailed details to support.

Support ID is #RHG-32663-638.

Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Thank you both. I've received the logs from both of you and forwarded them to development for further analysis.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.