Updated 6.6.BETA-4 #660004 to 6.6.BETA-11 #660011 tonight - says my trial is Expired

Looking at the log from when the new version started up, it says that the "receipt is not grandfathered due to receipt version"

I've been a LONG time customer, and this copy has been upgraded all along the way, but has always worked right up until this beta 11 tonight.

From helper log:

Sat Feb 11 21:24:56 2017| 660011 [HELPER:(Main Thread):] M applicationDidFinishLaunching: | Starting 1Password mini 6.6.BETA-11 #660011 built Feb 11 2017 16:13:09. Running from: /Applications/1Password 6.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper.app
Sat Feb 11 21:24:56 2017| 660011 [STORE:(Main Thread):OPAppStore] S receiptVersionIsGrandfathered: | Receipt is not grandfathered due to receipt version: (null)

1Password Version: 6.6 Beta 11
Extension Version: 4
OS Version: OS X 10.12.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member

@ACSpooky,

Had you previously been a Mac App Store customer and used that to license the beta version? You'll want to re-download the Mac App Store version in order to have the beta copy a new receipt for licensing purposes.

Rudy

• Thanks for the response. I've purchased two individual licenses from the Agilebits store over the years, but also purchased it from the App Store for my wife's mac. This computer was my original license so I've never had the App Store version on this computer.

Not sure what happened, but I installed the App Store version and just threw the beta off and things are working again. First time in years of always having the latest beta that something went wrong so I can't complain. Thanks again.

• ag_kevinag_kevin Junior Member

AgileBits Team Member

Glad to hear its working again. If you see anything else odd with licensing, please let us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• I realized that my primary Mac is (and always has) run the App Store version while my laptop runs the version I purchased directly from AgileBits (where it suddenly became unlicensed after a beta update).

Here's the thing - they both use the same vaults via Dropbox sync. Never been a problem before, but the fact that I couldn't get it to accept my license until I put the App Store version on makes me wonder if 6.6 Beta 11 doesn't have something that doesn't get along with 6.5.3 (653001) Mac App Store version.

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member

@ACSpooky,

In checking in the back office you do have a 1Password 2 and 3 license registered to the same email as you have on the forums. But neither of those would work to license 1Password 6. So my guess is that you possibly had an old MAS receipt present on the machine that was showing as unlicensed and it rejected it outright, installing the App Store version resulted in its receipt getting copied to ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/App Store Receipts/

Rudy