SSN's for families?

Options
sbrooke
sbrooke
Community Member

I'm able to add a single SSN category, and within that entry there's a single field for adding an SSN. I can't figure out how to add more family members to the same pane or how to add additional SSN categories. If I try to add a second SSN category, it comes up as a generic folder. What's the proper way to make this work?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• notlad
    notlad
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sbrooke,

I don't believe 1Password limits the number of entry types (Login, Credit Card, Secure Note, etc) that you can have. I just tested this and was able to create multiple Social Security Number entries, each of them allowing me to enter a name and number. When I created a Social Security Number entry for the first time, the Social Security Numbers category showed up under Categories in the sidebar. You should be able to view all of the Social Security Number entries by clicking on that category.

If you can't get that to work, you could also add more fields to the one Social Security Number entry. Under the name and number fields is an empty field that you can label and adjust the input type by clicking the (···) button on the right-hand side. This way, you can add as many name and number fields as needed.

I think either approach works, but I personally think the first one will suit you better.

I hope this helps!

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sbrooke - @dalton is right, 1Password doesn't limit the number of items in a category. You should be able to add more than one. If you find that you can't, please contact us and I'll be happy to work with you and look into the details of your issue. :-)

In case you contact us you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down your email and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

This discussion has been closed.