Prevent auto login

Options

Using Firefox, when I select a 1Password entry it auto logins. I have a 1Password entry that fills out a web form but should wait for me to complete the username entry. The scenario is that I want to proxy into a website as the admin, so I have a 1Password login with a username of "proxyuser/admin/". I need to enter the username I am proxying into at the end of that string before clicking login.

How can I disable auto login just for this website?

1Password Version: 6.3.359d
Extension Version: 6.3.359d
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:prevent auto login

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @joehobo,

Do you only use 1Password on a Windows machine or do you access the 1Password account on other platforms too? I ask because Login items do have a individual setting that allows you to selectively disable submit after filling but it doesn't appear to be accessible in 1Password 6 for Windows yet, only 1Password for Mac. I have no doubt it will come to 1Password 6, it's just a matter of maturity as 1Password for Mac has had a lot longer to reach where it is in contrast to its much younger sibling in 1Password 6 for Windows. If you use 1Password on a Mac then editing a Login item will reveal an option titled submit. The default setting is Submit when enabled but it can be set to Never submit which would allow for what you want.

A bit more of a hack but if you were to use a Chromium based browser you would find 1Password won't submit after filling. It's due to a difference in how submit can work in different browsers. Basically we'd be leveraging another of the todo items in 1Password 6 for your advantage. I'm a fan of Vivaldi myself but I do understand that suggesting a second browser may seem unseemly (struggling to find just the right word there), it's just in case you kept multiple browsers that I suggest it.

• joehobo
    joehobo
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables , I use 1Password on IOS and Windows. Looking forward to the updates that will allow be to edit form details.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @joehobo, for your gracious reply. Stay tuned!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.