Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: Windows 10 build 15031
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2017

Hi @marksmyth,

Thanks for reporting this.

I see what happened, once you switch to tablet mode and use 1Password mini, Windows would resize it to fit the screen. I'm not sure how we should handle 1Password mini in tablet mode.

However, we'll check to see if we can save/restore the windowing location/size when we detect entering and leaving the tablet mode. That way, once you leave tablet mode, it goes back to the previous size/location it was in prior to entering the tablet mode.

• rickgsoldo
    rickgsoldo
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem with Chrome. Once I used it in tablet mode, I can't get it back to normal mini mode. Is there a hot-key option or some other method to fix?

• MikeT
    edited March 2017

Hi @rickgsoldo,

Thanks for writing in.

Try this for the moment because I saw the problem with the new 1Password mini design while in the tablet mode:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in the notification area to select Exit
    2. Press and hold Control + Alt while you open 1Password, it'll center the main window.
    3. Open 1Password mini, you should be able to drag from the top left hamburger icon to move it aside and then start resizing from there.

There's a resize button that should've been there on the bottom right but for some reason, after existing the tablet mode, it doesn't return. We'll look into fixing this quickly.

We've looked into tablet mode before and there weren't any APIs we could use to resize it back to the normal state after exiting it. We'll need to fix this by remembering the previous location if it goes full screen but how to bring it back if we can't detect you've left the tablet mode is the issue here. I'm sure there's a solution and we'll get it fixed.

ref: 762

• rickgsoldo
    rickgsoldo
    Community Member

Great. That worked and I can use it for the time being. Thanks for recognizing the need to create a more permanent fix.

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.