To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Update On Account Issues

Options
rlgleason51
rlgleason51
Community Member

This is a follow-up to my recent posts in the Lounge.

Being a cynical and pessimistic soul by nature, I find myself having to switch to accounts; not because I feel it is a better fit for me (It's not) but because I feel that is a step I will be forced to take eventually.

That being said, during my trial period I commented on a few ares that I felt needed to be addressed and I am wondering whether any resolution had been announced that I may have missed.

1. Sorting of categories. Last I checked, I could not do this; whereas In my licensed (App Store) version, I have my categories sorted alphabetically. Does this issue still exist?
  2. Downloading Documents. An internet connection was needed to download before they could be viewed, When traveling to an area the such a connection was not possible, one had to either guess which docs were needed before traveling and download just those, OR all docs had to be downloaded. Does this issue still exist?
  3. Apple watch. Does the accounts version work with apple watch yet?

As a result of my cessation of testing during the trial period, my Personal vault became out of sync with my Primary vault. Is there a way to mass delete the items in my Personal vault before I transfer from my Primary?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rlgleason51

Sorting of categories. Last I checked, I could not do this; whereas In my licensed (App Store) version, I have my categories sorted alphabetically.

There is a fair bit we'd like to improve about the way categories work. At present the categories are static and cannot be changed (or re-ordered).

Downloading Documents. An internet connection was needed to download before they could be viewed, When traveling to an area the such a connection was not possible, one had to either guess which docs were needed before traveling and download just those, OR all docs had to be downloaded.

The latter is how the standalone version works, too. With an account you get the choice. Perhaps I don't want to carry the scans of my corporate CC with me while doing personal traveling. I can do that with an account. I can't do that with the standalone version (all data is always downloaded).

If you want to match the result when using the standalone version you'd download all of your Documents. This only has to be done once.

Apple watch. Does the accounts version work with apple watch yet?

Yep! :) There is now parity here.

As a result of my cessation of testing during the trial period, my Personal vault became out of sync with my Primary vault. Is there a way to mass delete the items in my Personal vault before I transfer from my Primary?

Certainly. Switch to your Personal vault in the vault switcher, hit Command+A (select all) and then right click > move to trash. :)

Ben

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the updates.

I copied my primary to my personal vault (cannot quite bring myself to delete my local records).

Is there anything I need to do to involve my apple watch? Or were the settings carried over when I copied to my person vault?

Can secondary vaults be used with the Apple watch yet?

When the time comes, what is the best way to handle

• Hi @rlgleason51 - On behalf of @Ben you're very welcome. If you select any login item within 1Password, you will notice a section "Add to Apple Watch" once you have added the item, it will then sync over to your Apple Watch.

You can add an item from any vault to your Apple Watch. I will include a screenshot below from my iPhone to give you a better idea where the setting is located -

Let us know if you have any additional questions and I love your avatar picture :-) Enjoy the rest of your day!

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. It seems my last post got truncated somehow. What is the best way to handle or remove my old primary and secondary vaults.

Also, to clarify. Will the Apple Watch settings from my old license transfer to the my accounts? Or do I have manually reset the option?

• Ben
    Options

Also, to clarify. Will the Apple Watch settings from my old license transfer to the my accounts? Or do I have manually reset the option?

All using the "Add to Apple Watch" option does is add a tag ("Apple Watch") to the item. So that should carry over. :)

Thanks. It seems my last post got truncated somehow. What is the best way to handle or remove my old primary and secondary vaults.

On iOS you'd select 1Password > Settings > Vaults > Secondary Vault > Delete Vault, and then repeat for your Primary vault. On Mac open 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > UNcheck Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts.

:)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.