Nowhere to enter a license key in 6.3.359d [1Password 6 is for 1Password.com only ATM]

Options
System
edited February 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password Opens Without the Master Password.

Comments

• DarkSide
    DarkSide
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I'm install new version 6.3.359d on my win 10 and I can't find where to enter my serial key because ,,Help" option is missing in this version. Is this version free or shareware because I have a licence?

Thank in advance.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @DarkSide,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! I've split your message to a separate thread, I hope you don't mind. :)

1Password 6 for Windows is the new app we are building from the ground up and it is now focused on our subscription-based 1Password accounts. If you want to continue using 1Password with local vaults, you should download 1Password 4 and activate it with your license key.

However, I would recommend you to take a closer look at 1Password accounts, because they have several advantages over standalone licenses and local vaults:

What is the difference between a 1Password account and a standalone license?

I hope it helps. If you have more questions, feel free to raise them, we are always here for you. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• DarkSide
    DarkSide
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg,

I'm sorry for writing in wrong thread.
    I bough lifetime licence on Mac App Store and after this you send me a licence key for windows. I don't want to use subscribtions because I have lifetime licence and I want to use my local vault and dropbox sync between my mac and pc.

I have little confuse again last night when I install new 1P 6.3.359d... ok, I'll be back to 1P 4 and I don't touch anything :).
    Thanks.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@darkside: You are very welcome! I am sorry for the confusion.

The standalone licenses of 1Password are not lifetime licenses, but you can receive updates in the future. Large major upgrades in the future may or may not be a paid upgrade. For example, we had a paid upgrade from version 3 to 4, but versions 5 and 6 were free. Here is more about it. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

• DarkSide
    DarkSide
    Community Member
    Options

ok, I don't understand anything right now and everything is very confused for me :)
    did I can to use my 1Password from app store? and I must pay only if I want to update to major version in the future?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@darkside: I am sorry, I had no intention to confuse you even more. :blush:

All I wanted to say that your existing license will indefinitely be eligible only for the current version of the licensed application, in this case 1Password 4. There might be paid upgrades in the future.

That is why I believe that 1Password accounts are the best way to use 1Password now. You’ll always have the latest version of the the app and your devices will sync automatically — no more thinking about Dropbox or iCloud when setting up a new device. :)

I hope it helps. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• DarkSide
    DarkSide
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

ok, I understand that now, but did I must pay full price to upgrade to some new version for mac in the future or I pay to some update licence with discount because I already have this licence for 6.5.3 version?
    I don't like subscriptions, because I buy this licence on app store :).
    sorry for my english.

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @DarkSide,

We can't tell you what the future will be like but we can tell you what we did for licensing in the past decade; we've always provided upgrade prices that are greatly discounted for existing customers and we will continue to do so but don't take that as a promise. Some upgrades were free, like 1Password 5/6 for macOS were free upgrades for 1Password 4 customers.

• DarkSide
    DarkSide
    Community Member
    Options

ok, thank you, everything is clear now ;).
    best regards.

• You're welcome.

• Timidfriendly
    Timidfriendly
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

I just want to enter my family license into the app. How do I do that? I am not interested info about subscriptions based apps. If it's a different version of the app them please let me know,

BTW i'm on a mac.

• @Timidfriendly: If you already have a Windows license, it will be for 1Password 4 and you can enter your license key by choosing Help > Enter License Key ...

• Timidfriendly
    Timidfriendly
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate Thanks. What about my Macs using 6?

• @Timidfriendly: If you purchased from the Mac App Store, your license is tied to your Apple ID. Install from Purchases using the same Apple ID you used to purchase 1Password and you should be all set.

If you purchased your Mac license from us, you should have a link to apply your license file on Mac in your original license e-mail. If you can't find your original license e-mail, send an e-mail to support@1password.com with the e-mail address you used to purchase your license and one of us can have it resent to you. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.