1password 6.3.359d, Chrome pluggin does not "auto serach" when you hit ctrl \ or hit the plugin icon

Options

Good Morning.
I have been a long time 1password user, and my work just moved to using 1password for Teams.

On Windows 10 1password 6.3.359d, I ran into an annoying issue with the Chrome pluggin - when you hit CTRL \, it opens the pluggin, but does not search. If I start typing the URL, the exact URL in the address bar, it searches the login just fine - quickly (much faster than version 4 for Windows w/OPvault), but the automatic search is non existent. And it searches both my OPvault and the Teams vaults.

I have 1password 6.5.3 installed on OSx, and the Chrome pluggin works normally there.

On the Windows 10 machine, in order to maintain write access to my dropbox integrated opvault, I still have 1password 4.6.1.617 installed, and I still have that version's pluggin installed in IE - and that works fine, but of course it isn't integrated with Teams.

Am I crossing the streams here? Is there something I can try to fix this? Thanks!

Steve

1Password Version: 6.3.359d
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Anniversary
Sync Type: Dropbox for personal, Teams for work.

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hey @snm77,

Thanks for taking the time to write into us and I'm happy to hear your company is using Teams. Hopefully I can help with the Chrome extension search issue.

It sounds like when you have a website open in Chrome and use Ctrl \ you're seeing the 1Password Mini appear but it's not displaying anything and you were expecting it to display the Login item(s) for that website. The hostname of website's URL is used to search for the Login item so if you are then searching for the website URL and the Login item shows up something sounds out of whack.

May I ask if the website URL in your browser matches the website field in your Login item?

Is this happening for all websites or just certain ones?

Would it be possible to let us know which website URL you tried with?

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.